Internal Audit Officer at Fadac Resources
Posted on: 4 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Fadac Resources
Our Client is a Microfinance Bank which offers comprehensive, affordable, dependable and specialised financial solutions to enterprising and burgeoning small and medium size enterprises in Nigeria.
Internal Audit Officer
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to management
- Audit Committee and provide progress reports regarding action taken by management.
- Conduct Audits in accordance with the approved internal audit plan.
- Determining process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carrying out constant checks to ensure adherence to internal control policies and procedure on segregation of duties.
- Returns rendition to CBN
- Report on Anti-Money Laundering policy of CBN, NDIC, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant bodies.
- Reviewing and preparing the bank compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the bank is falling short of the standard and give recommendation on the way forward.
- Reviewing of daily call over report.
- Prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Daily review of Bank reconciliation statement and other financials, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- To prepare profit and loss account monthly.
- Income analysis daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Correspondent relationship on behalf of the bank.
- Daily monitoring /Audit spot check of cashier till and vault.
- Carrying field audit exercise on clients to ensure due diligence (KYC) is carried out on customers.
- Create and review business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Daily tracking of loan repayment with audit control template.
- Keep relevant and up to date financial database on audit findings and integrate best practices and systems into the audit programs.
- Check the collaterals to be pledged and advise the bank on whether to accept such pledged collaterals.
- Advise the management and the recovery team the recovery actions to be taken on defaulting account.
- Asset monitoring and maintain verifiable asset register and routine asset scanning.
- Effectively use the credit bureau [credit check]-XDS, CRC to discover customers who are either too exposed [over leveraged] or who have unfavorable credit records.
- Prepayment audits before cheques are issued and released
Qualification, experience and attribute
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution and associate member or least student membership of ICAN/ACA/ACCA/CISA.
- Minimum of 3years working experience spanning financial accounting, tax and audit, treasury and risk management (2 of which must be in auditing and regulation or risk management).
- Demonstrates a proactive ability to accurately identify problems and risk, to systematically and logically analyze information and propose solutions
- Honest person with very high integrity and independence also observing professional ethic when executing his/her duties.
- Ideal age should be between 27-35 years
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Fadac Resources
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Sales Officer at Fadac Resources
- Operations Officer at Fadac Resources
- Bank Teller Officer at Fadac Resources
- Know More About Fadac ResourcesSimilar Jobs
- Accounting Officer at Artee Group
- Accounts Officer at Tropical Agrix Resources (TAR)
- Finance Manager at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Accounts Intern (Corper) at AIM Consultants
- Accountant at Romanspage Global
- Manager, Fraud at 9Mobile
- Head of Finance at ActionAid Nigeria
- Account Officer (Reconciliation: Bank, Intercompany & Customer/Vendors accounts) at Sifax Group