Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Director of Finance and Administration, Nigeria WATIH
Position Description/ Summary
- Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with activity technical staff, including a grants management unit, the DFA will have the primary responsibility of assisting the COP in Activity implementation through supervision of financial, administrative, compliance, procurement, grants management, monitoring and evaluation, and communications.
- The DFA will also provide coordination and support across activity IRs, as directed by the COP.
- Supervise the multi-country administration and finance team, including human resources and compliance requirements;
- Serve as primary liaison to the home office on admin, finance, HR, and compliance related needs;
- Coordinate and support timely administrative close-out actions;
- Review vouchers for COP final approval;
- Assist the COP and the HO Project Management Team (PMT) in preparing local operational budget projections;
- Approve financial requests and/or sign liquidations in the absence of and when authorized by the COP;
- Lead efforts to produce drafts of major contract written deliverables including work plans, success stories, and weekly, quarterly and annual reports for COP finalization;
- Coordinate with other USAID and donor projects in support of the COP and technical teams;
- Supervise and manage grants activities, progress, milestone achievements, and quality control of grantee work;
- Coordinate with technical team oversight of grants and subcontracts and sign off on the acceptance of deliverables;
- Facilitate collaboration and planning between the technical teams and the Admin/Finance team to develop and regularly update annual local procurement plans for goods and services.
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as administration or international development. A Master’s degree is desirable;
- 8+ years of experience managing USAID projects with increasing responsibility;
- Report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports;
- Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced context and across cultures;
- Experience with compliance and administration associated with grants under contract activities and processes;
- Fluency in both French and English is a plus;
- Experience working in West Africa, Nigeria experience is preferable.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.