Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Country Marketing Manager (Functional Lead)
About the Job
- Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- In this role you'll help grow Google's impact in Africa by giving access to and providing growth in technology, career, startup and brands. You'll help get small businesses online and grow partners and communities.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Strategize and develop marketing plans, with a focus on brand and product launches, in order to shape Google’s story in the market.
- Lead the development of Google's marketing plans for consumer and advertisers products in Israel, working closely with the Google Product, PR and Sales teams.
- Evaluate Google’s brand and reputation and initiate programs to enhance Google brand through development of creative programs, brand awareness campaigns and promotions. Drive uptake of Google business products while aiming to grow Google through creative marketing programs coupled with robust business partnerships.
- Identify and develop innovative brand strategies and plans to drive engagement and product adoption. Develop marketing plans for partners and customers; be accountable for driving plans through to implementation.
- Lead a team of experts in the field to design and execute on integrated marketing campaigns in order to drive user acquisition and engagement. Communicate the marketing strategy to senior/executive management at Google and act as a valuable branding partner and advocate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in a Marketing field in Sub Saharan Africa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Google Nigeria career website on careers.google.com to apply