Chief Medical Officer at Leaps and Bounds Partners
Posted on: 7 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Leaps and Bounds Partners
Leaps and Bounds Partners was incorporated in 2007 as a Limited Liability Company in Nigeria. As a firm, we are set-up to provide exceptional consulting solutions in the areas of Human Capital Development, Business Advisory and Research.
Chief Medical Officer
- The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all the clinic activities as well as the overall oversight of all clinical activities at the Clinic.
- This will include the negotiation/engagement of clinicians, renumeration and welfare, clinic quality control and the general coordination of all the physicians to ensure the smooth running for the company’s "virtual" multi-specialty clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the activities of all participating clinicians and act as liaison to the medical community, providing the necessary education and orientation as regards the company’s applications and activities.
- Coordinate with the technical support team to ensure that problems and system development needs are addressed.
- Create and distribute telemedicine clinic schedules amongst physicians, promotional material, documents, consent forms, satisfaction surveys, and various items of information to medical professionals and patients.
- Act as the liaison between referring physicians, patients, staff, consultants and other departments or services as needed.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the Virtual Clinic. Duties include notifying physicians/specialists of upcoming appointments, printing daily patient schedules, gathering appropriate medical record information, and remaining on-site during consults to assist with unforeseen difficulties.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with performance standards specified in the company’s Operations Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Assure all the virtual clinic has online physicians present at all times (phone coverage and video coverage). Prepare annual employee evaluations for clinic staff to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for immediate decision making that would involve issues such as cancelling clinics due to technical difficulties, releasing physicians of their engagement due to patients not keeping their appointments, and/or for relieving physicians who serially not make their scheduled appointments.
- Prepare physicians capacity projections, clinic productivity and collections reports.
- Prepare and analyse monthly reports on wait-times for clinic appointments.
- Analyse HMO and insurance denial reports for process improvement.
Process Improvement & Customer Service Quality Management:
- Coordinate with the technical support team to ensure problems and system development needs are addressed. This includes jointly developing training opportunities and enhancements.
- Assess level of customer service by working directly with coordinators at client organisations and referring physicians. Act as primary point of contact for job performance feedback from client coordinators.
- Key member of department Clinical Quality Improvement meetings. Responsible for recommending, tracking and reporting on clinic-specific measurements.
- Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements are implemented in our unique virtual clinics. Communicate with our customers to ensure a clear understanding of the Telemedicine legal and regulatory environment.
- Coordinate with the technical support team to ensure problems and system development needs are addressed.
- Conduct classes and independent training sessions both for users and doctors engaged by the company both at the company site and at remote client sites.
- Prepare for users a comprehensive, clear, and understandable set of instructions describing system processes and user support processes as necessary to maintain and verify system operations.
- Respond to phone and videoconference user questions in an organized and productive manner.
- Coordinate Public Relations communication to hospital departments and client organisations. Participate in demonstrations to visiting news media, government officials, as well as partner hospital administrators and physicians.
- Medical Doctor Degree from an accredited medical school.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in medical practice. Preference will be given to previous work experience in a primary healthcare facility or community clinic.
- Currently licensed by the Board of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigerian to practice medicine in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated skills in medical administration and/or previous experience in medical administration.
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a clinical setting with technicians, nurses and physicians.
- General knowledge of patient scheduling systems and billing system.
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand the general technical requirements for the telemedicine system.
- With training, ability to provide basic technical support and to triage more difficult problems to appropriate staff.
- Proficiently operate a PC, and experience with/or ability to learn word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and internet programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, develop and carry-out project assignments in an efficient and timely manner and to provide accurate and succinct documentation of activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with physicians and clinical staff. Ability to positively represent telemedicine to external organizations.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy when dealing with individuals at any level.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, use independent and mature judgment, work independently without supervision and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to correctly answer referring physician questions appropriately and within the realm of knowledge/expertise, and appropriately relay the information to the proper clinician. Provide follow-through to ensure that all patients issues/questions are resolved.
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory health care environment and analytic skills to implement policies in the unique telemedicine setting.
- Ability to follow MDCN Clinic practice guidelines and compliance policies.
This will be commensurate with experience. Range N200,000 - N250,000
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Leaps and Bounds PartnersSimilar Jobs
- National Immunization Consultant at UNICEF
- Public Health Analyst at eHealth4everyone
- Health Informatician at eHealth4everyone
- Laboratory Scientist (Microbiologist) at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Laboratory Technician at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Intern Radiographer at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Radiologist at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Consultant Anaesthetist at Lily Hospitals Limited