Human Resources and Administration Manager at IPAS
Posted on: 29 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at IPAS
Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Job ID: 2018-1964
Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
- The Human Resources & Administration Manager has an overall responsibility to manage the HR, Administration and Office Management, and Safety & Security functions of the office(s) to ensure that policies, procedures and practices meet the organization's standards. Key responsibilities include; recommending, developing and implementing HR and/or Administration policy, ensuring compliance with organization and legal aspects related to HR/Administration, developing HR plans, recruitment, on-boarding, training, organizational effectiveness (OE) initiatives, performance management systems and separation management, operational oversight of all procurement, logistics and administrative functions and overseeing safety and security for the organization.
Human Resource Management:
- Works closely and continuously with Ipas Global Human Resources Unit and assigned HR Business Partner to ensure human resources policies, procedures and practices meet the Ipas global HR standards and expectations;
- Reviews & proposes HR needs to meet program implementation, organizational standards and labor laws.
- Oversees the Ipas Nigeria human resource planning, staff budgeting, recruitment, employee onboarding and post orientation processes.
- Recruits, manages and supervises other HR & Administration employees.
- Works with Senior Advisors in reference to HR updates, adherence to HR and operation policies, supporting performance management and disciplinary management.
- Works with NC Global HR in references to on-boarding, staff changes, performance management programs, trainings and policies.
- Coordinates with NC Global HR (International HR Business Partner) on human resources programs, trainings, employee benefits and policies.
- Implements employee satisfaction surveys, reports back on outcomes, and works with HR Business Partner, the Country Director and the in-country Senior Management Team (SMT) on improving organizational work environment.
- Develops Ipas Nigeria salary budgets in consultation with the Country Director.
- In consultation with the Country Director manage compensation of Ipas Nigeria employees ensuring equity, organizational standards, established organizational structures and industry best practice.
- Support the unit leads in implementing continual performance management and improvement through development of coaching and mentoring plans for their teams.
- Oversee development and management of contracting of Ipas Nigeria contractors and consultants.
- Support learning and development initiatives for the Ipas Nigeria staff by identifying learning needs and making necessary plans to support employee learning.
- Works with Country Director, Senior Advisors/Managers in reference to manpower planning for program implementation, employee support, performance management and learning and development.
- Works with the executive team to foster Ipas’s organizational culture.
Administration and Office Management:
- Collaborates with in-country Finance Manager in reference to monitoring standard operating procedures compliances and office budget utilization.
- Oversee procurement management for Ipas Nigeria in line with Ipas policies and SOPs.
- Consults with Global IT Director and Global ITS Manager in reference to IT systems and country IT support requirements.
- Collaborates with management in periodically reviewing the infrastructure status, including IT equipment upgrades and ensuring the office is adhering to established processes.
- Responsible for overall Ipas Nigeria office facilities management and development of the HR and Admin team.
- Oversee database & paper file management for administration, procurement, logistics resources documents.
- Oversee timely domestic travel reservations and arrangements and maintain strong relations with transport providers.
- Supervise the drivers and ensure that systems are in place to track maintenance schedules, fuel usage and vehicle scheduling
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurements, and ensure accurate paperwork and a supply chain
- Manages relationships with legal counsel with regard to National labour laws and labour relations
- Maintains relationships with Government and NGO governing councils in reference to employee matters
Safety and Security:
- Prepare/update security plan, and security briefing annually (more often if there have been any changes)
- Oversees safety and security for Ipas Nigeria employees and other visiting Ipas employees.
- Brief all travelers prior to their departure to Nigeria, and upon arrival to Nigeria
- Liaise with Global Safety and Security Manager on new office locations, security incidents, and plans for expanding into new geographical areas
- Work with Global Safety and Security Manager, or contracted designee to conduct documented security assessments of all areas in which Ipas is conducting business
- Be the point of contact for any major incidents (ex: Opposition activities, theft/loss, security situations, threats against staff, acts of God such as earthquakes, fire, flood)
- Fill out Incident Reports for any issues noted above.
- 8 years of experience:
- 5 or more years of management experience
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Prior experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to travel 10%
- Working knowledge of country labour laws
- Experience supporting HR function in an INGO
- Understanding of safety and security processes and procedures
- Must possess strong writing, computer and presentation skills
- Registered and active member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
Prefered Skills and competencies:
- A Strategist and an innovator- You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in health-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results
- Simplify- You quickly distill complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches
- Lean- You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen
- Communication & Collaboration-Actively listens and communicates -connects easily with her/his team and gains their trust and respect. Works well across all organizational teams. Demonstrates clear and concise information and idea sharing
- Capacity Builder-You have experience in building institution, local technical, management and leadership capacity
- Decisive Risk Management & Problem Solving- Anticipate challenges and find solutions. Seeks the necessary inputs, analyzes the data at hand, identifies potential risks and takes a decision. Can move forward even when information is imperfect. Documents analysis, intentions and desired outcome of key decisions. Reviews the impact and consequences and openly learns from mistakes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IPAS career website on jobs-ipas.icims.com to apply
- Know More About IPASSimilar Jobs
- Support Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Chief Operating Officer - Commodity Export at Pivotage Consulting
- Head of Claims at Pivotage Consulting
- Part Time Training Coordinator at Rossland Consulting Limited
- General Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Regional Manager at Health Plus Limited
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at Health Plus Limited
- Head of Operations at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited