The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Consultant (MM/ MHPSS Stakeholder Mapping)
CFCV No.: CFCV2018/310
Organizational Unit: Migration Management (MM)
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 45 effective working days
- Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager, Migration Management Lagos, the direct supervision of the MHPSS Officer, Lagos, and the technical supervision of the Regional Psychosocial Officer, Dakar, the incumbent will conduct a mapping exercise to identify existing MHPSS services and actors in selected states in Nigeria.
- The data collected from primary and secondary sources will be synthesised into a comprehensive report.
- The consultancy is part of a project aimed to enhance protection and reintegration of Nigerian migrants returned from Libya, in conjunction with the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration.
- Prepare a mapping strategy and inception report detailing the modalities and methodology of the mapping exercise. (Mid to late-December)
- Conduct a desk review on existing literature and policy documents on MHPSS in Nigeria. (Mid to late-December)
- Develop tools for Key Informant interviews and for Focus Group Discussions to assess MHPSS capacities. (Mid and late-December)
- Conduct an assessment of existing Mental Health institutions in terms of their capacities to care for, with or without family supervision, patients, for which conditions and to facilitate the reintegration of vulnerable migrants; this can include visits to existing institutional and/or residential facilities and their evaluation based on the WHO Human rights checklist, and the IOM corporate standards for referral (January)
- Map existing psychosocial support facilities or actors and assess their capacity to provide such services. In line lASC guidelines on MHPSS mapping (4WS) identify pre-existing governmental and non-governmental services, offering various psychosocial support activities covering different levels of the IASC pyramid intervention in MHPSS (January)
- Produce draft mapping report, including infographics with corresponding text interpreting the data with initial findings: (Mid- February)
- Final draft of data analysis report, revised based on comments from IOM—(End of February).
- Develop an illustrated MHPSS self-help booklet in both English and Pidgin English which will encourage positive coping mechanisms, include basic information on psychoeducation, and self-help tools on stress management, as well as a directory of MI-IPSS services and support available irrespective returnees area of return-(end of March 20l8).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Master's Degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Psychology, Medicine, Public Health or related field from accredited academic institution or related field.
- At least three years of professional experience conducting assessments and writing reports for MHPSS programmes,
- Working experience in conducting MHPSS mapping exercises
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation using various statistical packages such as Stata or SPSS.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with a Cover Letter, not more than one page specifying the motivation for Application, addressed to the "Human Resources, International Organization for Migration IOM" via e-mail to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int and with a subject line "CFCV2018/310 Lagos. Consultant (MM/ MHPSS Stakeholder Mapping)".
- All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae(CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.