Enzo, Krypton and Company is a management consulting firm located at the heart of the commercial hub of Africa’s biggest economy; Nigeria. We are focused on helping business leaders solve difficult problems, achieve sustainable growth and continually create marketable value in a rapidly changing business environment.
We advise clients across the private and public sector. We also have dedicated focus on advising custodians of offshore capital seeking for investment opportunities across Africa.
Head of Finance
Duties and Responsibilities:
Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and advise on investments
- Supervise Accounting Teams
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with financial regulations
- Consult senior management and board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reduction strategies
- Age preference: 30 – 35 years
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. ACCA/ICAN) is a plus
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Creative thinking and ability to proffer solutions to address financing challenges
- Strong systems, process and best practice experience
- Leadership skills with High level of integrity
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide strategic financial analysis and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e. growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Undertake financial analysis periodically, to assist the Senior Management Team in evaluating profitability of income streams and potential for cost efficiencies
- Would be required to enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce Finance policies and procedures of Company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Prepare and send accurate, complete and timely financial and management reports, which will include weekly/monthly/quarterly management accounts and balance sheet control
- Oversee, monthly reconciliation of all Company Bank accounts
- Treasury & Working Capital Management – manage authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments and management of foreign exchange requirements.
- Liaison with bankers on loan facilities and other correspondence.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection and facilitate cash management policies that balance receivables collection with payables and include a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- You will prepare the cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet.to be presented and a monthly performance review session
To ensure that the company is in compliance with all statutory requirements including:
- Payment and filing of VAT returns,
- PAYE and Pension remittance
- Withholding deduction and remittance
- Corporate Income Tax- Liaising with auditors on the payments
- Drafting and management of annual budget
- Monitor expenditure to ensure adherence to the company’s fiscal year budget.
- Continuously improve on the budgeting process through engagement of other departmental heads on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Analyze budget variances and consolidate the financial statement for further analysis
Interface with Sales Unit
- Ensure that sales invoices are raised on all sales orders generated by the sales executives after confirmation of lodgement into bank or authorisation of credit sales by the approving authority.
- Ensure that receipts are raised on confirmation of lodgement into bank accounts
- Audit: Ensure timely submission of all external reports such as Audit/Tax Reports etc.
- Payroll: Supervise monthly payroll operation, PAYE and management of employer stakeholder pension plan.
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org