FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
State Quality Team Leader (Yobe)
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for State Team Leader -Yobe for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. State Team Leaders will oversee implementation the programme in the states determined by DFID.
The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
- The State Team Leaders will ensure programme objectives are achieved. Other key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all terms of reference, reports (quarterly and annual) in line with approved budgets for the programme management and DFID
- Work closely with Deputy Team Leader, Strategic Management in planning and budgeting of programme activities
- Oversee and provide regular supportive supervision on performance and review of the process of project implementation in all programme activities
- Provide support to the Deputy Team Leader, Strategic Management on technical, administrative, and operational management of the programme
- Support the Deputy Team Leader in managing regular correspondence with DFID representatives on various stages of programme implementation;
- Responsible for the line management and supervision of Finance Officers and Admin Officers, Technical Officers, as well as participating in the recruitment of new staff into these positions as needed.
- Monitor the implementation of value for money initiatives as well as other milestone delivery reports;
- Lead the development of work plans and budgets and communicate these to staff and partners.
- Oversee strategy implementation and delivery of results in the state with close working relationship with the Deputy Team Leaders for strategic direction.
- Ensure compliance with DFID’s terms and conditions as well as FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Master's Degree or higher in Public Health, Policy and Governance, Health Economics, or other relevant field required
- At least 6 years of mid-level experience implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programmes, with an emphasis on health systems strengthening; health financing; and/or health sector policy and strategies
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Nigeria or in a country of similar development context; experience in Nigeria, particularly in the Northern regions preferred
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex international donor programmes; previous experience in managing a DFID contract strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other development programmes, local organizations, host country governments, and international agencies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required, working knowledge of Hausa preferred.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.