Room Service Caregiver at Rockgarden Homes
Posted on: 9 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Rockgarden Homes
Rockgarden Homes is a prestigious assisted living facility for older adults in Ikorodu, Lagos State. We are guided by passion and excellence, as we provide quintessential care services for senior citizens. We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Room Service Caregiver
- Care assistants are expected to execute auxiliary nursing functions; ensuring clients' lives are easier and more comfortable.
- They will assist old adults with daily tasks such as personal grooming, dressing, feeding, and general housekeeping.
- You will spend much of the day providing personal care to the clients in order to guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction.
- They will provide needed companionship to clients, lending an ear and letting them know they are being listened to.
- Duties include transporting patients to doctor's appointments, making beds, doing laundry (including ironing), preparing meals, giving patients their medications, or running errands.
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing clients’ rooms and the work environment with the aim of maintaining excellent standards of cleanliness.
- You will often be required to provide necessary social interaction by reading and playing card or board games with clients, because it helps to keep them mentally active and alert.
- You will also often help clients to walk / move around and will occasionally sit with them for a couple of hours as may be necessary.
- You must be willing and motivated to work extra hours in order to meet up with responsibilities and may be assigned other tasks as management decides.
- Assisting registered nurses in providing healthcare to elderly clients
- Ensuring that the estate and facilities are maintained in a clean and decent state.
- Managing the office environment, including sanitation and maintenance activities.
- Fulfilling all reasonable requests from clients, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Availability and willingness to lift patients into and out of their beds, chairs, or bathtubs.
- Helping patients get a bath, get to and from the toilet, and sometimes changing a patient's adult diaper.
- Changing linens, making beds and servicing all bedrooms in line with company policy.
- Routine duties also include cleaning soiled laundry and housekeeping duties (such as vacuuming and dusting).
- Changing patient's bandages, checking vital signs or applying lotion to dry skin areas.
- Escorting clients to appointments (doctor, physical therapy, hair salon, etc.) and religious services.
- Recording daily care notes and completing the required documentations.
- Respect for patient rights regarding choice of lifestyle, i.e. political, social, religious, sexual and cultural.
- SSCE/GSCE/OND or similar relevant qualification.
- Knowledge, ability and experience caring for elders.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role in the hospitality or healthcare industry.
- A compassionate, caring and patient nature.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and proactive problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant personality, team player, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in both written and spoken information.
- Giving and receiving information both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the environment and more than one major Nigerian language will be an added advantage.
- A flexible and highly adaptable approach to work.
- Certified courses in First Aid and CPR are a plus.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com with “Caregiver” as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About Rockgarden HomesSimilar Jobs
- Nursing Officer at Anadach Consulting
- Medical Officer at Anadach Consulting
- Medical Team Leader / Medical Referent at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Westfield Consulting
- Laboratory Manager at Westfield Consulting
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Westfield Consulting
- Registered Nurse at First Cardiology Consultants
- Medical Officer at First Cardiology Consultants