Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory
- Provide advisory service with regard to regulatory requirements to enable MTN identify and avoid risks, as well as identify and harness opportunity within the regulatory context.
- Provide advisory support in a manner that makes business units’ obligations explicit and enables them operate in a manner that does not expose the business to fines and sanctions.
- Facilitate creation of opportunities and access to strategic regulatory resources that are required to influence business decisions.
- Collaborate with business units to develop inputs and responses to regulatory interventions by Regulators and overlapping regulatory agencies (CBN, SEC, FIRS, etc.).
- Identify risks in a regulatory context and advise mitigation measures.
- Identify and advise on harnessing regulatory opportunities.
- Periodically conduct environmental scans to identify regulatory risks and issues relating to ICT/telecoms, emerging technology, digital & financial inclusion and advise on strategies for addressing same.
- Proactively research and propose regulatory interventions for adoption by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare periodic reports to provide executive management and the MTNN Board with updates on key regulatory/policy developments
- Draft responses to a broad spectrum of regulatory correspondence (customer complaints, network/subscriber or other corporate information requests, etc.) and ensure compliance with stated timelines (minimal incidence of exceptions)
- Provide business advisory support relating to license & regulatory obligations to mitigate risks and create/advance business development opportunities
- Ensure prompt and timely cascade of customer queries from regulatory authorities to relevant internal units in compliance with MTNN consumer code of practice
- Review of relevant regulations & business processes to ensure they are attuned for an optimal customer experience.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships across various cadres of relevant regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders in the telecommunications industry.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Law/Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences (MBA or a commerce/business-focused LLM would be an advantage)
- 3-7 years' experience which includes:
- Experience within a corporate, commercially-driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (writing samples required)
- Demonstrable evidence of expertise in research and issue analysis (using a variety of MS Office tools including PowerPoint)
- Excellent judgment, communication and persuasive skills; knack for creativity, the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic sector
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Regulatory environment.
- Passion /Keen interest in issues of public policy and regulation
- On the job training and exposure
- Industry conferences
- BA, LLB, LLM, BSc or BEd.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Senior Associate at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
- Legal Associate at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Legal Officer/Personal Assistant at Infinity Security Services Limited
- Lawyer (Corporate/Commercial) at Gresyndale Legal
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Plc
- Young Talent Programme (YTP) - Legal at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Lawyer at Alan & Grant
- Law Librarian (CONUASS 2) at The Nigeria Police Academy