Benson Idabosa University, Benin City is a faith-based private University licensed by the Federal Government in Februaty 2002. The vision of the University flows from the divine mandate of raising academics, professionals and entrepreneurs committed to changing Nigeria for the better, by LEADING THE CHANGE.
It is hereby notified for general information that vacancy exist for the position of Librarian of Benson Idahosa University Benin City. The Governing Council therefore, in accordance with the relevant sections of the University’s Statutes, has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Location: Benin, Edo
- The Vice-Chancellor is the most senior administrative and academic officer of the University
- He/She exercises general supervision and control and provides strategic direction and leadership.
- The Vice-Chancellor by virtue of his office is a member of the Governing Council and all statutory Committees of the Council. In addition, he/she chairs the Senate and other principal bodies of the university and nominates representatives to chair others.
- The Vice-Chancellor plays a principal role in securing and growing the financial base of the University.
- All powers relating to the proper maintenance and discipline of students in the University is vested in the Vice-Chancellor.
- He works with the various bodies and authorities within the University provide a stable and conducive atmosphere for running the university
- The candidate must have a Ph.D from a recognized University in a subject area taught in Benson Idahosa University. And in addition he must have good knowledge in Nigeria educational policy.
- The candidate should possess considerable administrative experience within the university system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the university.
- A valid NYSC discharge certificate.
- The candidate must have been a Professor for not less than five (5) years with an unbroken service within the University system during the period.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, innovation, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- The candidate must be a person of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures. Candidates should also be free from conflicts of interest.
- The candidate must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability transparency and probity.
- He/She must ensure the judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good.
- The candidates must have a good knowledge of University tradition and operation.
- The candidate must be able to command respect among his/her colleagues and peers and be able to motivate staff towards the achievement of the vision and mission of the University
- The candidate must be firm and fair in decision making and Must Follow Due Process in taking decisions.
- The candidate must be vast in research and should be able to able to encourage research development through research proposals.
- The candidate must have the ability to provide a conducive, aesthetic and healthy environment for learning.
- The candidate must have the ability to promote linkages with external bodies (locally and internationally).
- The candidate must enjoy good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
- The candidate must have a strong spiritual (Christian) testimony.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a period of four years in the first instance and upon such term as shall, subject to the Law and Statutes, determined by the Visitor thereafter.
Condition of Service
- Remuneration and other conditions of service are as determined by the Governing Council of the University and are highly attractive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Name in full with Surname in capital letters
- Post desired and department
- Date of Birth
- Marital status
- Current Postal Address
- Current E-mail Address
- Names and ages of children if any
- Institutions attended with dates
- Professional qualification obtained with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, Status Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and addresses of previous employer(s)
- Three Referees Report
- Signature and Date
Candidates are expected to request their referees to forward their report under confidential cover to the Registrar, Benson Idahosa University before the closing date.
All Applications should be submitted by courier service under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked "Post of UniversIty Librarian, BIU" to the Office of:
Benson Idahosa University,
P. M. B. 1100, Benin City,