Livelihood Program Officer at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
Posted on: 8 October, 2018
Deadline: 19 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a Non-Government, Nonreligious and a Membership Organization that provides social and microfinance services to women groups, communities and NGO’s in Nigeria to enhance their Capacity for sustainable development.
DEC Is working with International Partners CBO’s and government agencies In the area of Microfinance, Health, Nutrition, Education, Governance and Peace building and Economic Empowerment.
Livelihood Program Officer
- This position will contribute to the overall objective by being responsible for implementing all PROSELL project activities in the target communities in the state, both directly and indirectly through training /mentoring of project staff and community mobilizers and VSL field officers, linking up with the Agricultural Development Project/ Ministry of Agriculture, other NGO and private sector actors.
- Guided by the intervention logic, the post holder ensures that DEC delivers on PROSELL outputs and outcomes based on the partnership agreement.
- Facilitate initial community entry activities, mapping, and assessments.
- Formation and initial training of farmers’ association and VSL groups
- Support the conduct of baseline/small scale farmers’ surveys in communities.
- Prepare action plans and begin providing direct support to small holder farmers through visits, in line with the action plans, etc.
- Initiate/facilitate links and referrals relationships between the farmers’ association and community groups and input suppliers/product buyers other service providers/other local sources of support.
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Co-facilitate step-down trainings with farmers’ association and community groups on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Support farmers’ association and community groups to conduct assessments/project activities to small scale farmers especially women in the communities.
- Work with value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Work on disaster risk reduction, famer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community based saving and lending groups.
- Coordinate with ADP and relevant departments of the State Ministry of Agriculture, other NGOs and private sector actors.
- Ensure that reports are effectively coordinated from all partner staff in a coherent and timely manner.
Requirements, Skills, and Competence
- Must possess Degree, Master degree in Agronomy or Agricultural economics or equivalent in relevant field with at least 3 years experience.
- Must have substantial experience in implementing community-level development projects, using participatory engagement and grassroots mobilization techniques.
- Experience working on value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Sound experience working on disaster risk reduction activities, farmer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community based saving and lending groups
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and education levels.
- Experience in handling grants to local groups, ensuring appropriate basic documentation and accountability at the community/field level.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Good (ability to type and prepare reports and other documents as needed.)
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- Indigenes of the aforementioned LGAs are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants (Women and Men) applications will be treated with equal opportunity.
- Ability to ride motorcycle is an added advantage.
- Know More About Development Exchange Centre (DEC)Similar Jobs
- Head of Operations at Money Trust Microfinance Bank
- Admin Intern (NYSC) at Alexander Marius
- Cinema Manager at Viva Cinemas
- Accounts/Admin Personnel at Truvia Media
- Program Assistant at fhi 360
- Operations Specialist at Taxify
- Office Assistant at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.