If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the most prosperous hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff are vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- This role is responsible for providing strategic Leadership in ensuring the actualization of superior operational excellence, improved effectiveness and efficiency to meet organizational objectives.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Development, Planning, implementation and monitoring of strategies, policies, programs, goals and processes for operational excellence
- Leadership development, supervision, training and manpower development
- Performance management
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the groups goals setting process and performance management
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies of the group in support of organizations mission - specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Marketing, HIM, Client Relations, Billing, Logistics, Procurement, IT Support, HSSE), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and core business functions.
- Regular meetings with all departments within Operations.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Planning, communicating and controlling change within the Operations
- Budget development and oversight role; groups operational costs containment.
- Business performance forecasting and planning of sales promotions in collaboration with other managers within and outside Operations.
- Contribute generally towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Minimum academic qualification of an MBBS
- HMO experience
- 8 to 10 years relevant work experience preferably in the Health Care sector with over 5 years experience in a management role.
- Membership of any professional management body required
- Working knowledge of budgets and metrics
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal, written, and presentation skills are required for this role.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Superior people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get goal actualization
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Salary in line with industry standard
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their word doc CV's only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.