Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development is looking to fill the below position
Job Title: Project Coordinator; Sexual and Gender Based Violence. Spotlight Initiative
Location: Abuja, Lagos
Reporting to: Project Manager
The Project Coordinator will sit within Abuja office, while the Project Coordinator South will sit in the AAN Lagos Office. The Project Coordinator North will be responsible for two project states of Abuja and Adamawa, as well as support interventions at national level. The Project Coordinator South will be responsible for Lagos state and The Coordinators will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Liaise with relevant MDAs including but not limited to Ministry of Women Affairs, National Human Rights Commission and NAPTIP
- Work with the Spotlight Project team in developing workplans and budget for engaging different stakeholders on ending violence among women.
- Develop and deploy capacity development plans to support livelihood support activities for 50 - 100 women.
- Support the planning and delivery of an Annual Conference on Sexual and Gender based Violence and women’s rights
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands-on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and implementation capacity of the networks/movements in advancing women and girls’ rights in Nigeria
- Provide technical support in developing capacity of Community Based Organisations to implement gender equality interventions at community level
- Support the identification and selection of beneficiaries for women empowerment and skills development
- Establish coordination mechanisms with the VAWG/SGBV/SRHR and HP focal points from SI targeted departments to improve inter-sectoral coordination, response and reporting
- Support the development of online reporting mechanism for victims of SGBV
- Create awareness of the online reporting mechanism and promote the use of the system
- Ensure effective data collection of all activities implemented at the state level CBOs/Networks/Movements
- Provide timely reports on all activities of the project.
Reporting and Accountability
- Submit to Project Manager timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the Spotlight Initiative project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement to expand reach of project
- Represent FRED in the state or at national level – including attending meetings on behalf of FRED
- Make presentations at professional meetings and conferences on matters related to Spotlight Initiative project.
- Participate in internal program review meeting to develop strategies for advancing elimination of violence against women agenda
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager.
External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or arts/humanities
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Certification on Gender Development
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- ·At least seven (7) years post NYSC experience
- ·Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in gender development and/or women’s rights work.
- ·Experience of working with the Nigerian CSOs in delivering gender and women’s rights interventions at state levels
- ·Experience in organisational capacity development especially civil society organizations.
- ·Experience in media relations
- ·Grant management
- ·Strong communication and writing skills
- ·Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- ·Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- ·Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- ·Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- ·Multi-tasking skills
- ·Negotiation skills
- ·Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate
- ·Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- ·Mobilisation skills
- A personof integrity, creative and takes initiative, able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to effectively promote FRED's mission values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below