The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF), is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organisation was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative frameworks and tools to generate measurable and sustainable results
- Develops an overarching strategy of HSDF’s external presence and communication
- Leads the revamping and updating of HSDF's website and content, liaising with Program Leads and relevant officers
- Develops and implements strategy for HSDF’s social media and other media presence
- Plans, manages and evaluates communications campaigns that favourably impact the views of the public, opinion leaders and donors to raise HSDF’s profile and support fundraising activities
- Develops and edits content for abstracts, briefs, papers, proposals, etc. with internal authors; recommends appropriate channel for communication
- Maintains and develops a contact list of journalists and media outlets and manages the regular flow of news/information about HSDF’s work to the media, ensuring reputational risks are identified and managed
- Tracks and analyses traditional and online media, to identify trends and/or issues, and propose solutions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities
- Provides support in HSDF’s fundraising activities
- Works in close collaboration with counterparts to align activities and ensure a coherent and consistent approach to optimal communication within HSDF
- Contributes to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of communications specific risks
- Disseminates news about projects/programs and in-house activities in a timely manner
- Prepares reports based on communications analytics periodically to the CEO
- Contributes towards the quality assurance of internal and external reports and documentation including policy briefs, research publications and articles
- Coordinates and prepares accurate and timely reporting on communications activities that enables informed decision-making, evaluation of objectives and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Creates, monitors and maintains an appropriate database of reports, documents and FAQs for staff use
CSR, Events and Capacity building
- Manages the CSR programs of HSDF, managing communications logistics for organizational events and ensuring maximum coverage and reporting.
- Builds and manages in-house communications team, develops work plans, monitors performance against objectives, and ensures appropriate development to enable high performance
- Builds capacity of HSDF staff on all aspects of external relations communication, providing advice, guidance and training to ensure consistent, quality communications activities that deliver the desired impact
- Performs any other duties as required
The requirements listed below represent the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Development, Communications-related or Public Health-related field is an added advantage
- 7-9 years of cognate experience of which 2 must be in supervisory/middle management capacity
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communications skills and personality
- Expert knowledge & hands-on experience in corporate communications, knowledge management, content development, social media, SEO, internal communications, public relations, etc.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications strategies and campaigns
- Proven experience in leading a team, coordinating and/or providing support to cross functional project teams
- Knowledge of website maintenance, social media, emerging media technologies etc
- Web design skills, including Microsoft Publisher and current Graphic designs software
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work as a leader and member of a team and possess initiative and good problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to identify innovative ways to communicate and engage audience through a variety of avenues
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team leads, staff and the public
- Having published articles and journals is an added advantage
go to method of application »
This position, reporting to the Health Financing Team lead and Niger HSS coordinator, will assess provide technical assistance to assess financial management capabilities and implement financial management reforms in Niger State.
- Engage relevant stakeholders on several platforms to get buy-in for financial management interventions
- Integrate basic healthcare provision fund (BHCPF) mechanisms into financial management interventions in the state
- Monitor and report on BHCPF progress in the State
- Map out general financial management and BHCPF support at facility level and selected health sector MDAs to determine gaps and responsibilities
- Lead a financial management baseline assessment for primary health care facilities in the state with support from an independent contractor
- Conduct priority setting exercise with stakeholders to prioritize financial management remedial actions
- Develop financial management training plan, resources, and tools
- Design and implement other financial management interventions, including deployment of accounting software and related training
- Conduct data analysis and validation of end line financial management assessment at facilities to determine impact of intervention
- Support resource tracking studies such as the state health accounts and public expenditure tracking surveys
- Provide robust strategic and technical advice and evidence-based feedback to key stakeholders on financial management and the basic healthcare provision fund in Niger state
- Participate in project meetings and give input to financial management related matters
- Support technical review meetings at the field level to review performance and targets achieved as per the donor requirements
- Monitor project progress through field visits, offer feedback and keep regular communication with related field and central level staff
- Provide timely inputs to donor reports on implementation of relevant health financing activities
- Facilitate information dissemination and dialogue with key stakeholders
- Provide advisory and oversight in shaping and implementing financial management strategies in Niger that will attain intended results
- Responsible for collating and producing well written monthly reports for the project
- Expected to actively document best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documentation from country interventions
- Produce high quality documents for wider stakeholder dissemination or for publication purposes.
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned by the team lead and/or CEO
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate is expected to have the following qualifications, technical competencies and behavioral competencies.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting or internal auditing. A combination of audit experience and operating accounting experience would be ideal.
- Significant proven practical experience with resource tracking studies. Ideally, candidates will have played a role in designing public expenditure reviews.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in developing, implementing and financial management interventions
- Familiarity with government accounting systems and the basic health care provision fund
- Experience in both health systems and health financing, and expertise in health insurance and public financial management would be particularly valued.
- Experience of management budgets and results’ delivery of programs
- An understanding of health system challenges in Nigeria and other low- and middle-income countries
- Proven cultural, social and political sensitivity of working in Nigeria or other low and middle-income countries at different levels of government.
- Proven analytical skills, writing ability, and written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working in teams, as well as, working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with IPSAS accounting software is essential.
- Strong foundation in Accounting, financial management, and analytical skills. Possesses a demonstrated track record of providing financial management support in the health sector.
- Proficiency in using statistical analysis software such as Microsoft Excel and SPSS
- Public health Knowledge and Experience - Possesses strong analytical skills (understanding of how to collect and use data). Contributes to the analysis, evaluation, design, strengthening and reform of Health systems, policies, and programs.
- Policy Dialogue Skills - Identifies and assesses policy issues and plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders. Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with relevant partners to inform programs and policy is essential.
- Proven track record of understanding of the local context and influencing change. Understands policy-making process; distils operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
- Ability to demonstrate a degree of specialist knowledge and results in at least one of the core areas: financial management, basic health care provision fund, health policy, and advocacy are desirable.
- Policy, Strategic and Technical Support - Provides inputs to key documents by analyzing relevant issues, soliciting input from others, and using data and facts to support conclusions and/or positions.
- Make effective decisions: deconstruct complex data, policy documents and similar information on health financing issues; assess and interpret information to identify main issues and to inform non-technical colleagues.
- Deliver at pace: ensure tasks are done to the required standard and deadlines; plan work to meet individual, team and office-wide objectives
- Lead and communicate: communicate clearly both orally and in writing, using appropriate language; communicate on a range of issues to diverse internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate and partner: Be an excellent team player; Demonstrated capacity to relate effectively to clients and build viable coalitions with stakeholders including government, development partners, civil society and private sector stakeholders, including traditional and religious leaders; build good relationships for partnership, implementation, and support for the working group’s programs.
- Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Contextualize: develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how the role fits and supports organizational objectives and wider public needs.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
go to method of application »
This position, reporting to the Finance Manager supports the finance team in managing multiple grants, recording and retrieving financial details of the foundation (HSDF), and generating financial and grants report.
- Coordinates the accounting functions related to project and program management
- Assisting Program Leads in the financial reporting and other administrative requirements of their grants/contracts
- Prepare monthly Financial Statement Report (FSR) for FM/ DF&A /CEO review
- Monitoring/tracking Project/program budget throughout life cycle
- Review all payment request in line with budget provisions of each project
- Prepare invoice/billings and follow-up with HSDF contractor and Donor
- Prepare all applicable financial reports of all projects/programs in accordance with Donor requirement and ensure the timely submission thereof.
- Process and record drawdowns, track project/program expense actual and cumulative
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and the Director of finance and grants for effective monitoring of direct costs to projects
- Manage indirect cost of all project consistently including monthly posting to SAP
- Stay abreast of the funders and grants policies and their applicability to grants management.
- Maintaining and updating Grant Database of all Projects, derive multiple reports from this database for the Director of Finance and Grants, CEO, Program Leads, and the Board.
- Develop yearly organisational budget for review and ensuring compliance in application
- Directly consult with all stakeholders (program managers, Director of Finance and Grants, Finance Department team members, etc. concerning the sponsored programs as relate to financial administration of grants. This includes interpreting grants requirements and granting agency guidelines of such grants.
- Provide training and workshops to all grant stakeholders on how to be more efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in following board policy, granting agency guidelines, and all applicable statutory regulations related to programs and projects.
- Monthly reconciliation of project FSR to HSDF Cash balances, Balance Sheet and P& L
- Prepare Budget forecast and variance analysis
- Liaise with relevant officer to collect project data in a timely manner.
- Support the Finance and Director of Finance and Grants in the month end and year end closure
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
To perform this job successfully, he/she must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be a graduate of Accounting. He/she must have hands on experience in a Non-Profit Organization in Nigeria and be familiar with Grant/ Subaward and Financial Management. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
B.Sc./HND Accounting. Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CNA or Equivalent). Minimum of 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. He/she must also have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in the use of accounting software such as SAP-ERP would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as an effective member of the HSDF’s Financial Management Team and the organization wide team.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ethical, high integrity
- Good communication and listening skills
- Professional, responsible and accountable
- Team player, supportive, encouraging development of HSDF’s work and staff
- Open to ideas and change
- Ability to interact with a wide range of professionals
go to method of application »
The Communications Officer supports the development and implementation of short- and long-term communications strategies and plans for Health Strategy & Delivery Foundation (HSDF).
S/he will support the organization's internal communication plan and external relations, create and drive a consistent brand to ensure it remains top in the minds of our desired audience.
S/he provides support to the Communications Specialist by responding positively to a wide range of communication requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and implementation of the corporate communications strategy, maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of HSDF, and support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with HSDF strategy.
- Support in the planning, management and evaluation of communications campaigns that favorably impact the views of the public, opinion leaders and donors to raise HSDF's profile and support fundraising activities.
- Prepare communications products that effectively convey the desired message to targeted audience(s).
- Provide support in developing and maintaining a contact list of journalists and media outlets and manages the regular flow of news/information about HSDF's work to the media, ensuring reputational risks are identified and managed.
- Support the identification of viable external representation opportunities for HSDF and engagement of relevant contact persons.
- Contribute in generating and/or facilitating the production of donor/project specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, to support global and country fundraising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Track and analyze traditional and online media to identify trends and/or issues and propose solutions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities.
- Responsible for website maintenance and content development.
- Develop and implement effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Define a social media plan which leverages social media content, platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of HSDF's activities.
- Prepare and/or reviews draft communication message (generated by team or self) for appropriateness, relevance, accuracy and compliance with the communications policy.
- Develop and execute internal communication plans for initiatives aimed at driving improved employee engagement.
- Drives compliance with HSDF’s brand in all communication messages and outputs
Knowledge management (KM)
- Lead the coordination, implementation, further development and updating of the KM Strategy and Action Plan of the programs including analysis and description of target audiences, key messages, strategies and tactics, communication activities, expected results, and a communications workplan and/or calendar of activities.
- Organize sharing of program innovations, achievements, and lessons learned through internal and external knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms. This will be done through in-person and virtual events and other activities and engaging or partnering with relevant global knowledge networks.
- Coordinate the collection and distribution of information, knowledge, lessons, and experience across all HSDF programs.
- Develop effective means of collaboration with stakeholders and partners in documentation and transfer of key program findings; and ensure that new information, knowledge, and experiences are available to all relevant audiences in a timely and user-friendly format.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on communications activities that enables informed decision-making, evaluation of objectives and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Performs any other duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public/International Relations, Communications or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Development or Public Health-related field is an added advantage.
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, public relations and/or media outlets or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent editing, proofreading and writing skills.
- Knowledge of website maintenance and social media/emerging media technologies.
- Hands-on experience in web & social media communications, content development, internal communications and knowledge management.
- Advanced knowledge of SEO.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communications skills and an admirable personality.
- Ability to work as a team member and possess initiative and good problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker and designer with the ability to identify innovative ways to communicate and engage audience through a variety of avenues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team leads, staff and the public.
- Resourceful, self-starter and result oriented.
- Health sector experience and having published articles and journals is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.