Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients in the Finance Industry to recruit interested and qualified candidates for the position below its activities in Nigeria:
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Risk, Internal Control and Compliance Manager will partner with management in providing continual risk assessment and development comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations, plans and implements enterprise risk management strategies and processes.
- Develop the enterprise risk management policy for the organization.
- Set a risk and compliance framework for the firm in line with our principles and culture.
- Proactively guide the integration of enterprise risk management with other organizational planning and management activities.
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across the organization.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Work with board audit, risk and compliance committee in ensuring the identification and prioritization of risks and reporting of the same.
- Monitor and report on compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop risk management system and train departmental risk champions on implementation.
- Attend board audit and risk committee meetings and any other duty assigned by management.
- Analyse, on a quarterly basis, quality of loan portfolio depending on: client officer or branch, composition of LCM, type of business activities, zones or market area, change in RSM and value of collaterals, etc.
- Perform regular analysis and monitoring of credit risk and exposure and likely impact on the company on: quality of the loan portfolio, business sector analysis and market trends.
- Perform periodic market survey to identify sector base risks in the company’s target market.
- Follow-up and advise management regularly on the performance of exceptional loan files: restructured loans and top-up loans.
- Regular follow-up of bad debt management by the recovery unit and make recommendation on: management of non-accrual loans, performance of written-off loans, legal cases, management of seized items, valuation and auction exercises.
- Research and advice management on exceptional cases (potential high risk).
- Identify and liaise with department and unit heads in identifying major risk areas and propose actions in the management of such.
- Monitor the implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Test the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decision making.
- Fraud Analysis, Prevention & Whistleblowing:
- Develop a proactive, independent, balanced fraud risk awareness within the company.
- Exercise direct ownership for Fraud Risk Management control across the company.
- Ensure compliance on all fraud risk reporting requirements both internal and external.
- Develop Standards for Fraud Risk Management.
- Ensure that Fraud Risk achieves an optimal balance with regard to cost, efficiency, operations and customer service.
- Act as a major stakeholder in managing whistleblowing.
- Update all Risk reporting tools to the M.D on a monthly basis.
- Develop new reporting tools in line with business need.
- Act as the company’s Compliance Officer in relating with regulatory bodies.
- Co-ordinate the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other guides relating to operations.
- Take charge of Pol_Pro_GUIDE and must ensure its regular updates in all the company’s branches.
- Work closely with IT (data base) to ensure that the update of various forms, profiles, TC Limits, etc. in Orbit are made according to procedures.
- Keep abreast with and advise management of any new development in the market by a competitor, government or that may have impact on operations.
- Keep abreast with all government legislations and policies that may affect operations and advise management on it.
- Attend Board Audit and Risk Committee meetings and any other duty assigned by Management.
Internal Control and Reporting on Mission:
- Ensure the implementation of good internal control system in all branches through a regular follow-up.
- Perform controls on client transactions in order to check correctness and consistency.
- Conduct independent control on the full compliance of policies and procedures at all stages of the credit process through desk review and field reviews with the main purpose of identifying and blocking all loopholes in the process
- Ensure the proper dissemination and implementation of new policies and procedures in the branches relating to operations.
- Be actively involved in the set-up of a new point of sales in order to ensure proper implementation of all internal control systems
- Perform control on customer feedback in branches – opening the suggestion boxes and discussing its contents.
- Ensure the implementation of all reporting tools across network and head office.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and other relevant discipline. A Master’s degree in Management will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in microfinance of which five should be in a managerial capacity.
- Professional qualification with recognized bodies such as; ACCA, CIBN, CIB, MCP.
- Familiarity with operational, financial and quality assurance procedures is required.
- Good understanding of the compliance function in a micro finance establishment is also required.
- Must be Meticulous and be a good team player.
go to method of application »
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of company fleet.
- This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking.
Vessel Management (Technical):
- Monitor, manage and report the day to day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels, in conjunction with the on-board management, to ensure that applicable requirements for safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental objectives are met.
- Acts as the first point-of-contact and interface on all technical vessel matters.
- Prepares Vessel Technical Budget for approval and ensures compliance with budget.
- Estimates and plans budgets for fleet maintenance in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Manages critical vessel equipment/spares optimally.
Vessel Maintenance (Planned & Preventive) and Repair Management:
- Attends to and supervises assigned vessels and crew for timely port turnaround and shipyard repair activities.
- Ensures that all vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed according to the management requirement and optimally operational and fit for service.
- Investigates all reported deficiencies, non-conformities and defects and takes corrective action to ensure all are cleared to prevent operational delays on all vessels.
- Tracks and ensures on-board crews complete ‘day-to-day’ Planned Maintenance System (PMS) programmes and M&R activities (mainly preventive) of all vessels to maintain the proper operational status of the vessels and to enforce zero downtime.
- Identifies potential causes of defects, investigates and analyses reported defects, taking corrective & preventive actions in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Inspects equipment lists and tests to ensure that all equipment to be used are indeed well-maintained and in excellent working condition
- Co-ordinates and ensures planned and non-routine maintenance and repairs are carried out and concluded within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Ensure to have strong Technical and Project Management skills.
Vessel Monitoring and Report Analysis:
- Monitors and analyses the technical status of all vessels and uses information therefrom to prepare a biweekly executive summary for the Operations Manager.
- Ensures the design, monitoring and update of both maintenance plans and maintenance documentation and reporting systems where and when necessary.
- Ensures that all maintenance and repair tasks comply with Company’s and Client’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are done at the most cost effective and safest manner.
- Plans dry-dock scope and duration with minimal disruption to vessel operating schedule.
- Sources for cost effective and qualified dry-dock vendor.
- Ensures dockyard, ship builder and other parties involved in the dry-dock collectively and individually endorse the planned dry-dock duration schedule.
- Ensures critical parts needed for the dry-dock are in the company warehouse or with the dry-dock vendor prior to commencement of the dry-docking exercise.
- Carries out and supervises the dry-docking of vessels.
Vendor Technical Relations:
- Evaluates all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitor the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
- Handles warranty claims for vessels where applicable.
- Liaising with clients, crew and local stakeholders.
- Appoint and manage subcontractors for vessel maintenance and services.
Charter Technical Audits:
- Supervises all technical Charter audits and investigations on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Acts as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
- Ensures that all vessels comply with class society.
- Ensures full compliance with Port State control.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to class survey and certificate requirements and builds and maintains effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Controls and monitors that assigned vessels are ready for use and certified.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignment as and when required.
Training and Development:
- Trains the technical staff (where applicable) to effectively act as a redundancy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of first Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Fully conversant with Class and Flag State requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Marine Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years' managerial experience in a similar role.
- Excellent People Management and Leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to the Company’s Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Management goals and objectives.
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously.
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.