AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
Req No: 2017-6434
Location: Benue State
Type: Regular Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the state coordinating team, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Coordinates the provision of quality nursing care within the state.
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directs nursing care in the state including outpatients, in patients care.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader for the provision and supervision of high quality patient care in AHF supported facilities in the state.
- Audits Chart notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in AHF supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of patient physical health statues in AHF supported facilities in the state.
- Support the prevention coordinator and care team in implementing high quality PITC, Index testing, PNS (Other innovative facility based testing program).
- Provides leadership to nursing team to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
- Facility based HIV prevention program indicators.
- HIV Care Task Shifting Indicators
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its equivalent.
- MPH degree would be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
go to method of application »
Req No: 2017-6397
Category: Hidden (19741)
Type: Regular Full-Time
- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
- Support the Country Program Manager to develop, implement and evaluate advocacy and policy change agenda and to promote the work of AHF at national level.
- Plan, develop and monitor implementation of advocacy plans according to AHF mission and core values;
- Identify and lead research into relevant development and HIV policy, write policy reports and briefings as strategic direction.
- Advocate, integrate, improve communication experience exchange and partnership with NGO’s, CBOs, CSOs, AIDS control program at national and state level, PLHIV Groups, key stakeholders and other relevant institutions.
- Coordinate and communicate AHF advocacy and policy change programs with national development networks, key decision and policy makers, and media;
- Strengthen AHF’s parliamentary engagements and participation in relevant Technical working groups at national and state level.
- Provide information on funding opportunities to support advocacy and partnership work in the country;
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for the timely compilation and submission of all project budgets and reports.
- Represent AHF at meetings and conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Marketing and PR/Media Communications:
- Assist in the development and Roll Out of country Marketing Strategies and Monitor its implementation in line with the organization’s strategy priorities.
- Assist in the development, roll out and monitoring of all Marketing Strategy to promote public awareness/engagement, brand visibility, service referral and behavioral change.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of marketing plans in line with country needs and specific campaigns.
- Publicize organizational events and publications
- Write and/or edit press releases, media advisories, Foundation news stories, op-ed pieces and other writing projects as needed
- Pitch Foundation-specific and general HIV/AIDS and related news stories, articles and opinion pieces to print, online and electronic news outlets
- Oversee AHF press conferences and media events and strengthen media relations through strategic media activations.
- Manage AHF’s media monitoring agencies (print press clips, web, video and radio)
- Work with the prevention manager to develop effective prevention messaging for dissemination.
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Law, Human Rights, Mass Communication, Community Development or any other relevant degree.
- At least five years of experience in the successful management and implementation of civil society programs in Nigeria, and an understanding of the linkages between health and human rights in Nigeria.
- Experience in advocacy program development and implementation.
- Appropriate experience may be considered in place of a postgraduate degree.
- Excellent understanding of HIV prevention messaging as well as use of media in HIV prevention.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to speak fluently and articulately.
- Professional attitude, collaborative, patient and flexible.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- State Nursing Coordinator
- Advocacy and Marketing Manager - https://careers-aidshealth.icims.com/jobs/6397/advocacy-and-marketing-manager%2c-nigeria/job?%3Fmode=job&iis=Job%2BBoard&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=false&width=884&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=60
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale