Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
• Ensuring that all package activities related to interfaces are correctly planned and performed throughout the whole project duration in accordance with the initial plan.
• Focusing on the package schedule and identification at all times any area of concern related to interfaces (critical path, clashes, early start).
• Ensuring availability at all times of updated and accurate package interface scheduling, planning and progress reporting documentation.
• Handle interface reporting from packages to the central organization of EGINA.
In particular the job holder will
• Elaborate, update and revise the interface schedules and interface deliverables registers.
• Elaborate and revise the package planning addressing interfaces progress measurement procedures and documents.
• Follow closely the activities and interrogate the contractor planning engineer(s) on the interface subjects.
• Monitor closely the contractor’s execution schedule and progress reports on all subjects affecting interfaces.
• Feedback to contractor on the areas of concern and active contribution to eventual recovery planning activities.
• Check and comment on the contractor’s procedures, schedules and methodology for interface deliverables.
• Provide assistance to the Interface & MOC Manager and Package Interface Leaders for all matters related to the interface planning & progress reporting as well as analyses and simulations of new schedules with impact on interface deliverables.
• Participate in reviews and technical audits on planning & progress activities, addressing interfaces among packages.
• Provide detailed and accurate interface monthly progress reporting to be incorporated into the monthly project report.
• Prepare weekly and monthly interface package reports and handle their distribution.
• Assist Planning Leader for integration of Interface Deliverables schedule into overall project integrated schedule
• Support the Freight Forward contractor Leader in planning duly in advance the collection, shipping, custom clearance and delivery of Company items to the receiving contractor.
• To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
• To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
• To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
• To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
• In doubt to ask questions to gain clarification.
• To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
HND in engineering that relates to industry at large and preferably to Petroleum industry activities (Mechanical, Process or Civil Engineering preferred); certified copy of diploma with grade shall be provided; his education will have been complemented by professional training during his past professional experience.
The job holder will have at least 8 years of experience in the industry (although preferably with practice of Oil & Gas industry for offshore and relating to the context of large international subsea projects) including experience as project or site planner, including possibly construction / fabrication site experience). Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
Very good knowledge of Project Planning practices.
Very good knowledge of PRIMAVERA (version 6), MS Project.
Excellent command of written and spoken English; good communication skills.
Opened to Nigerians Only
EMDC Engineer for Subsea Controls. Scope includes: design, fabrication, FAT testing, SRT Testing, SIT Testing, installation support, static commissioning, commissioning and startup of the control system.
• Reviews and provides EM guidance to Contractor design efforts including but not limited to:
• Meets the design requirements by participating and advising Contractor in Design reviews, Hazops, Risk Analysis and FMECAs.
• Adheres to contract specifications and the Project Design Basis
• Maintains a high standard of quality and reliability by monitoring performance and taking action when necessary.
• Develops FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures
• Develops of qualification test program on non field proven equipment
• Stewards and influences timely and effective resolution of contractor’s interfaces
• Develops software logic and safety logic together with EM Operations
• Meets the project schedule requirements.
• Participates in Design Reviews/Risk Analysis and HAZOP meetings etc associated with the control system/umbilicals.
• Develops System P&IDs with Contractor/EM Operations
• Develops System C&E and Interlock Schedules with Contractor/ EM operations
• Develops FDS for the MCS software with Contractor/EM Operations.
• Develops FDS for SPCU, HPU and SESD3 equipment with Contractor/EM Operations
• Participates in development of FDS for IWOCs
• Reviews Contractors Quality/Test and Inspection Plans
• Reviews the Contractor’s technical deliverables, specifications, drawings, DFO etc
• Monitors activities and information flow particular to interface management—identify potential problems and aid development of recommendations.
• Reviews/Assists in development of Contractors’ FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures.
• Reviews/Agrees proposal by Contractor in the qualification testing of non field proven equipment
• Assists Contractor in developing the Insurance, Installation and commissioning and 2 year operating Spares requirements.
• Visits Contractor’s locations periodically, to review component testing thro to FAT of completed equipment.
• Works closely with Contractor/Operations in the software testing to identify compliance with specification requirements/interlocks and C&E requirements.
• Participates in Subsea Controls/Umbilicals SIT at Contractors locations.
• Works closely with Contractor/EM Operations in the development of the Static Commissioning Procedure and Commissioning procedure.
• Participates with the Installation Group/Installation contractor in the installation of the Subsea Controls Equipment and umbilicals
• Stewards the offshore Static Commissioning effort.
• Helps Operations develop a displacement/flushing procedure for pre-start up
• Stewards the offshore Commissioning and Start Up of the Satellites project
• Reviews/Accepts Contractors Mechanical Completion Dossiers, and O&M Manuals, for the Subsea Controls and Umbilicals equipment.
• Assists Operations in the ongoing Installation and Commissioning of additional Wells after First Oil up to handover date.
• Compiles a Lessons Learned Dossier for Subsea Controls and Umbilicals.
• BSc or MSc in related Engineering field
• Overall fundamental understanding of subsea production systems and systems level engineering.
• Good project management and project execution skills in handling multiple contractors, multiple projects and large number of internal/external interfaces.
• Subsea project Design Engineering experience preferred (minimum 5 - 10 years)
a) Provides direct and specific design engineering support in the Pipeline Engineering area to assigned project teams within the Nigerian Project Organization. Performs the assigned technical tasks in a format agreed upon between the Project Manager (PM) and the Design Engineering Services Manager (DESM). Ensures that the tasks can be completed within the framework of EMCAPs and within an agreed timeframe. Identifies, defines, and performs the assigned tasks, including finalizing pre-requisite tasks or information. Updates and reports the progress of deliverables to the PM and DESM on a regular basis.
b) Coordinates / oversees design contractor activities in the Pipeline discipline area for assigned projects.
c) Continually assesses refinements/changes and recommends updates for the maintenance of specifications and standards used in the Nigerian Projects Organization including the Global Practices (GP) and Global Practice Supplements (GPS), Design Management Manual (DMM) and the Design Execution References (DER). Responsible for coordinating reviews, endorsement and final approval for changes to these specifications and guidelines using Projects' MoC procedures.
d) Ensures that all relevant aspects of the quality assurance and control (QA/QC) programs and procedures are strictly followed in the performance of all work. Ensures the integration of the requirements of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) in all work, tasks or deliverables.
e) Follows and implements the established project objectives and strategies in all work. This includes maintaining MPN production at established levels as well as providing safe, economic, and efficient proposals to enhance hydrocarbon recovery or to increase associated facility integrity.
f) Performs ad hoc medium and long term technical design engineering studies aimed at improving project engineering effectiveness, including risk, constructability, design and execution assessments.
g) Provides continual interface with external departments, especially Loss Prevention, Development Planning, Facilities Engineering, Facilities Operations Technical Engineering and all core JV Operations groups.
h) When assigned the role of Lead Design Engineer (LDE) for a specific design engineering services Work Order, represents MPN, coordinates design activities and interfaces with Project Engineer (PE) to align design work with project objectives
a) Holds a recognized technical degree at a B.S. level.
b) Exhibits strength in Mechanical, Subsea and Pipeline or equivalent engineering area
c) 5+ years’ experience with Pipeline system design, fabrication and installation
d) Previous experience with contract coordination and Project Engineering e) Fluency in written and spoken English.
a) Functionally reports to the Subsea/Pipeline Design Supervisor and performs activities with Pipeline Advisor support and direction. In the role of LDE, works with PE (Project Engineer) to define design objectives in order to align contractor and design team activities to meet project goals.
b) Applies sound technical and engineering knowledge and best practices to project teams in compliance with approved MPN standards and specifications. Prepares documents required to incorporate changes or deviations to design practices and standards (GP) and the PDB (Project Design Basis) per Projects' change management procedures (Project Change Notice). In the role of LDE, logs each proposed change / deviation and coordinates the review and approval process.
c) Directly accountable for the quality of the design product within the Pipeline discipline area. Monitors design consultant's engineering work quality. Ensures design consultants are familiar with, and utilize, MPN standards, specifications and practices. Reviews design packages from inception to start-up per MPN Spec requirements. Participates in project milestone drawing reviews, process hazard assessments (HAZOP's, etc.), design assessments, constructability reviews, etc.
d) In the role of LDE, leads development of contractor's design review packages, coordinates the meetings, stewards the review process and ensures the response to the contractor is coordinated and clearly communicated then appropriately stewarded through close-out.
e) Defines requirements, evaluates alternatives and recommends solutions for technical issues within his discipline area.
f) Reviews design philosophies with Design Advisors. In the role of LDE, reviews with, and gains endorsement of, design philosophies with discipline engineers, advisors, PT as well as other affected groups within MPN.
g) Identifies, defines, obtains endorsement, and recommends the application of new technologies for specific designs.
To apply, click here