GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Job TypeFull Time
Abuja, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Enugu, Imo, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers
- Job Field
Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Requisition ID: WD108635
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Jos, Benin, Ilorin, Port-Hacourt, Owerri, Enugu, Onitsha, Warri and Minna, Nigeria-Lagos
Position: Full time
Functional area: Sales
- To implement current strategies in promoting GlaxoSmithKline products to Healthcare Professionals through planned execution of Sales and Marketing activities to achieve set objectives.
- Develop and execute Sales plan for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products within an assigned territory in accordance with approved marketing strategies.
- Persuade and influence Healthcare professionals to preferentially prescribe GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products within the approved operational procedures.
- Build and maintain a cordial relationship with Healthcare professionals so as to ensure advocacy for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products.
- Keep up to date with the latest approved clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with Healthcare professionals
- Organize Medical educational meetings for Healthcare professionals.
- Use currently approved promotional aids and other marketing support materials appropriately to influence Healthcare professionals prescribing habits.
- Provide timely, accurate and detailed reports on Market Intelligence, Adverse Events, fake and counterfeit products as well as competitor’s activities.
- Consistently explore new market or business opportunities for GlaxoSmithKline products within the territory.
- Ensure good care of assets allocated for use in performing role and effectively use annual expenditure budget to maximize return on investment
- Timely complete key administrative tasks as required by Line manager.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Registered with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- Communication skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- IT literacy
- Selling experience as a medical representative in the Pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage.
- Pharmaceutical science
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical industry
- Private and public hospital selling
- Relationship and time management
- Data analysis & Interpretation.
Method of Application
Important to Employment businesses/ Agencies:
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK.
- The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK.
- GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or a fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.