Jobs at Smart Partners Consulting Limited
Posted on: 6 February, 2017
Deadline: 12 February, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Smart Partners
Smart Partners Consulting Limited - A Consulting firm in the Mainland region of Lagos, urgently want to take on board passionate graduates (interns) with good personality, basic communication skills, computer savvy and willingness to learn the trade of Human Resources consulting.
- Should be able to handle multiple projects at same time. Each project should be micromanaged.
- Manage stakeholders - business stakeholders, senior management and IT team (developers, testers, configuration management teams, application support teams)
- Should conduct meetings, get all required people in the meeting, and prepare MoM for the same.
- Should manage vendor well, get vendor deliveries on time and keep vendor on tenterhooks all the time
- Manage vendor payments (NOTAP registration, invoices, follow up with procurement, etc.)
- Ensure business requirements for completeness.
- Ensure understanding of underlying domain should be able to engage BA and architect
- Ensure project governance (however the challenge is rigorous compliance for most requests is lacking)
- A good first Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology. Must have relevant IT certifications with PMP or PRINCE 2 Project Management Certifications.
- Minimum of 7 years Banking Sector IT Project Management.
- Must have verifiable track performance in Banking IT Project Management.
- Ability to follow up aggressively
- Should not mind going to desk of others to get things done
- Should be able to raise the voice (if required) to get things done
- Ability to manage business stakeholders
- Should be able to cope up with changing priorities of stakeholders
- Should be able to pick up various developments happening around.
go to method of application »
The General Manager shall have amongst others, the following primary responsibilities:
- Set workable growth targets and define strategy to achieve these targets and to follow the set strategy punctually
- Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams
- Coordinate with sponsors concerning size, standards, conditions and timing of research
- Champion the development of Boron's corporate strategy.
- Coordinate the implementation of Boron's business strategies and plans in order to maximize shareholder returns as well as optimize other stakeholder interests.
- Coordinate and ensure the integration of corporate strategy with its organizational structure and resources (human, material and information)
- To facilitate the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
- Identify critical cross-functional interdependencies within to ensure concerted/seamless implementation of business Strategies.
- Provide oversight to functional heads in the formulation of their detailed departmental plans as well as in the discharge of their day-to-day activities to ensure compliance with established policies as well as relevant regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Manage interface with relevant regulatory authorities and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Define and agree targets, monitor and evaluate the performance of Functional Heads on a timely basis.
- Drive the implementation of strategic human resource initiatives including performance and reward management, career planning and succession on management, in order to attract and retain high calibre of staff in the company.
- Oversee the management of financial resources to ensure that the working capital and long-term financing needs of are adequately addressed in support of its operations and activities.
- Champion brand communication initiatives by ensuring that the key activities, initiatives and programs of principal officers consistently reinforce and renew corporate brand value and identity.
- Review and authorise key expenditure/transactions in line with approved authority limits.
- Receive and review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor and steer the activities of the company towards the achievement of its strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify and evaluate business expansion and improvement opportunities and ensure the development of required plans to harness identified opportunities.
- Oversee risk management and policies and practices to ensure business continuity and the achievement of key business objectives.
- Monitor and ensure the timely implementation of Board and shareholder decisions and recommended actions steps.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry, local and global developments, trends and events to ensure is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive positioning and advantage.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the organisation and convening of the General Meetings.
- A thorough understanding of clients marketing objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) objectives
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner collecting competitor intelligence
- Ensuring remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients
- Ensures the Company Training Matrix is implemented and coordinated as required
- Maintains and overseas a strong and consistent reporting relationship with the Operations Manager(s) and other support departments such as Safety, Finance, Procurement, Human Resources and Administration
- Provides guidance, support, and mentoring for Operation Manager (s)
- Monitors daily operations to ensure that all safety requirements are met and that the asset is in compliance with all regulatory requirements; Conducts quarterly safety audits of each asset in conjunction with the Managers to ensure that high standards are met and maintained
- Maintains frequent personal contact with the customer's managers to develop a positive working relationship and to coordinate operations to ensure that all objectives are met, deficiencies defined and corrective actions taken. Ensures invoicing is timely rendered to the client
- Provides input to Executive and Senior Management for the development and refinement of operating procedures and budgets; prepares and submits annual operating capital expenditures for review and approval
- Assists the Human Resources Department in promoting and acquiring competent and qualified personnel.
- Assists Manager(s) with all equipment problems and coordinates with vendors as required to complete any repairs and to ensure specific equipment is ordered and delivered on time for Critical Equipment inventories.
- Provides end of month variance report on operating budgets, end of month downtime report and a complete safety.
- Performs any additional duties as directed by the Executive Management.
- Analyzes new technologies and products to determine their applicability and future needs; maximizes the performance of the equipment and technologies currently installed onboard assets.
- Visits all assets within the assigned area of responsibility regularly and ensures positive feedback and active communications with all Broron Offshore personnel
- Establish and maintain contracts with Nigerian Unions. Ensure all relevant Nigerian laws and by-laws are followed.
- Ensures that client contracts are adhered too and understood by the various departments to maximize company profitability
- Provide good presentation skills to project professional image when communicating with clients and employees. Provide leadership for problem solving, promote organizational and management skills to all employees.
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of the Broron - HSE Management System to ensure that personnel safety and protection of our environment and company property is maintained in all aspects of the operation
Competences and Qualities:
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas Servicing industry, including players, key trends and growth drivers.
- Posses a win-win attitude
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant local regulations guiding offshore operations in Nigeria.
- Understanding and awareness of critical success factors for operations within the Oil and Gas servicing industry.
- Understanding of leading practices in pipeline engineering, marine & sub-sea construction and maintenance, and oil and gas logistics support.
- Appreciable knowledge of the Nigerian economic environment.
- Ability to think strategically and approach issues from a holistic perspective.
- Ability to formulate and or champion ideas and concepts to improve business performance in order to achieve its set objectives.
- Appreciation of leading practices and trends in risk management.
- Appreciation of strategic planning and performance measurement tools and techniques.
- Excellent business acumen i.e. financial and commercial knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent resource management skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication/ facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people management, mentoring/ coaching and leadership skills.
- Highly motivated, flexible & proactive
- Effective in solving complex and demanding operational & managerial challenges in order to deliver the highest quality & consistency in terms of vessel and service performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline. An MBA or MSc is desirable
- 15 years plus experience of selling in a business to business and customers environment
- Experience managing client relationships to grow revenue within accounts
- Must be experienced with the oil and gas & Engineering operations and Marketplace
- Demonstrated stakeholder management
- Record of involvement in a complex sell and coordinate at board level
Method of Application
Applicants should send their detailed CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Smart PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Financial Analysts at EZ37 Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kimberly Ryan
- Financial Controllers at Career Prime
- Jobs at Alexander George Business Support Solutions (AGBSS)
- Procurement Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Engineers at Consultant Collaborative Partnership LLP
- Business Development Executives at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Admin Manager/Executive Assistant at Apata & Ascott Limited