Confectionery Role at Lilygate Hotel
Posted on: 3 January, 2017
Deadline: 13 January, 2017
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Lilygate Hotels
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
In accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of Lilygate Hotel, the Commis 1 is accountable for supporting the daily operation of an assigned area to run smoothly and effectively in accordance with departmental set service standards and meeting guest expectations at all times.
Ensuring the production of food and fulfil kitchen section duties as instructed by the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef of the department.
He/She is also responsible for following the Lilygate Hotel Food and Beverage vision, standards and objectives in his/her area of duty.
The Commis 1 supports the Chef de Partie and Sous-Chef in the production and operation of the assigned kitchen.
- The Commis 1 is responsible to assist the Chef de Partie or Sous-Chef in supporting the culinary operations of a specific kitchen or outlet.
- Maintain clear communications with the Chef de Partie, including all relative internal communications.
- To produce products as instructed by superior/senior staff.
- He /She is to ensure a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchens and upholding all culinary & hotel standards.
- Supports the training and develop junior kitchen staff to operate to the required standards as established by the Hotel and Chef’s Office.
- Abide to all hygiene/ safety procedures as per the hygiene program of the hotel.
- Ensure that agreed food hygiene, licensing and safety standards are followed, upheld or surpassed, at all times.
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness.
- Monitor Kitchen maintenance and report any defects of operating equipment to Chef De partie or Sous-Chef.
- Report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to direct supervisors.
- Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Apply culinary skills to prepare meals, with flavour, ingredients, temperature, presentations and quality consistent with standards and guest expectations.
- Correctly date and store food, sanitize equipment and take other measures to ensure integrity and quality of food product.
- Control breakage, spoilage and cost items.
- Use equipment skilfully by following correct safe procedures e.g. knives machines.
- Make appropriate adjustments in solving problems.
- Attends meetings as required as requested by the direct superior.
- Share thoughts and rationale as appropriate to give clear understanding for action taken.
- Abide to all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Maintain positive relations with other staff and departments.
- Capable to perform repetitious duties.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by direct supervisors from time to time
3 - 4 years working experience with minimum 18 months in Commis 2 position.
High School diploma or equivalent professional training
Skills / Competencies:
- Must be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environments such as, but not limited to noise, dust and cooking fumes.
- Follow the correct safe manual handling and lifting techniques.
- Ability to move, life, carry, push, pull and place objects by weighing less than or equal to 11 kg on frequent basis without assistance.
- Ability to move life, carry, push, pull and place objects by following the correct safe manual handling and lifting techniques with the assistance of a 4 wheel trolley.
- Ability to stand and / or walk for an extended period of time during the shift.
- Ability to work on flexible shift including overnight, weekends and holiday on rotation basis.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letters and CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lilygate HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Public Relations Officer at Lamango
- Driver-Lead at Le Meridien - Marriott International
- Digital Marketing Analyst at Bespoke Vacations
- Technicians at Westown Hotels
- Admin Officer at Lagoon Hospital
- Restaurant Manager at the Grill Mall Limited
- Job Opportunities at Whispering Palms Resort
- Latest Vacancies at Hilton Worldwide