Graduate and Experienced Job Vacancies at Millard Fuller Foundation
Posted on: 9 December, 2016
Deadline: 23 December, 2016
View Jobs in Real Estate
View Jobs posted same day
Millard Fuller Foundation - A housing organisation with international affiliation, based in Masaka (near Abuja) is looking to fill the roles below
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our home development business.
- You will provide administrative support and guidance to the company directors and safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and provide legal advice to management about land and other relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure as well as advise on land and property transactions.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (land law, labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc)
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that company members are aware of their implications, eg legal
- Writing reports
- Collating information
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in boardroom matters & in the business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of land & corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- A business qualification will be considered an advantage;
go to method of application »
- We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines.
- You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations on all our construction sites and throughout the office environment. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and far-sighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee construction sites, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of local & international legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA/FEPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
go to method of application »
- We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee our new facilities management & maintenance unit, growing it into a full-fledged company of its own. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
- The goal is to ensure our newly built residential estates run safely and problem-free after construction so that residents are able to optimally enjoy their new environments.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Liaise with the Residents Association to implement the facilities management strategy
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (security men, gardeners, technicians etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility Management, Engineering, Business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letters to: email@example.com use the Job title as the subject of your email.
- Kindly state your current salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Assistant Manager - Finance at Palton Morgan Holdings
- Corporate Events Manager at ToLet.com.ng
- Remote Writers at ToLet.com.ng
- Real Estate Development Sales Manager at Greenline Agencies and Concepts
- Head Of Marketing At Crovation Limited
- Legal and Administrative Secretary at a Real Estate and Property Development Company - HRLeverage
- Internal Control Officer at Adron Homes and Properties Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Adegbonmire & Associates