Guinness Nigeria is an iconic business that delivers significant volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). The Media & Partnerships Manager will be instrumental in furthering Integrated Consumer Connections team capability, in line with the transformation agenda strategy for Guinness Nigeria Plc. Over the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been transformed within the Diageo business. This has seen the team improve on its accountability over media critical investments within specific brand programs.
Reports To: Consumer Connections Manager
Purpose of Role
- The Media & Partnerships Manager, in conjunction with the media agency (AOR) partners and other IMC team members, is expected to deliver brilliant results in all core creative Idea amplification, impactful Connection Planning & and full IMC plan execution with emphasis on media (paid, owned and earned).
- Lead development, judgment and ability to evaluate the Media Plan, Sponsorship & Partnership opportunities
- Decision-making accountability impacting total Marketing A&P (based on % allocated to Media).
- Critical judgment on day-to-day requirements with the agency based on agreed protocol and processes.
- Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Development
- Partner with local media agency partner & sundry partner vendors to amplify the brands’ core creative idea into key connection points with emphasis on media (paid, owned, earned & shared). Apply best media & partnerships practices from global/regional sources and implement emerging frameworks (paid, free, and owned media).
Media/Asset Strategy Development
- Partner with Brand team, Procurement team, Consumer Connections team and agency partners to optimize media & partnerships investment strategies and plans. Explore relevance of key partnership assets & properties across multi-channels - fit-for-purpose to drive Impact, Reach & Recency.
Agency Relationship Management
- Lead media agency relationship, managing resource allocation and quality control (timing, cost, creative delivery). Maintains contacts within the media industry. Participate in the negotiation and maintains relationship with media suppliers.
IMC Plan Execution
- Lead to full execution of media plans within IMC plans—ensuring clear links to core creative idea and leveraging brand strategies. Manage clear processes/routines with key partners (e.g. media owners, brand ambassadors, agencies, etc.) to ensure plans are executed on time/ in-budget and coordinated across key constituents as needed. Manage clear execution and related “post-mortems”.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in any of the numeric disciplines / Marketing or other related discipline.
- 5-6 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a media planning, sponsorship & key media assets focus, or a media agency background
- Proficient-Expert level in media analytics to identify and optimize media investment strategies and plans to connect with our consumers. Analyse media impact on core brand metrics and business metrics.
- Proficient-Expert level in leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Proficient-Expert level in measuring financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learning.
- Policies highly relevant to the Marketing Function
Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition & Anti – Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy. In addition,the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
Auto Req ID: 53863BR
Reports to: Consumer Connections Manager
At Guinness Nigeria, we believe in a growth model which focuses on recruitment, driving brand fame, spending on media, doing activities at scale and ensuring a strong physical availability. In order to build brand fame we need our brands to be talked about, engaged with and shared: be stories in action.
We must ensure that our business has an ‘editorial mind-set’, predict consumer conversation and root our brands within these conversations and culture. We need our brands to maximize the value of ongoing relationships with influencer who can add credibility, build advocacy and deliver incremental reach.
- The Influence and Advocacy Manager is responsible for ensuring our brands think in a way which leverages influence and advocacy effectively and that our plans are executed to maximize this.
Ensuring our brands get talked about and drive brand fame:
- Holding the business to account to ensure Diageo’s brands get into consumers conversation and that our brand’s stories are newsworthy, interesting to influencers and drive consumer engagement, sharability & talkability
- Accountable for understanding local culture/conversations / tensions and ensuring our brands have a credible place within these through stories, content and campaign executions
Leading our brands to be present within cultural Interest areas:
- Acutely culturally aware; the role has a heavy external focus is well connected and knows people or is great at building powerful relationships to drive innovative, credible relationships and opportunities for our brands to make coverage, ideas and partnerships happen.
High performing team internally & externally:
- Driving a business shift to be agile, respond quickly to opportunities and express our purpose in a culturally relevant ways through content and stories
- Building direct influence relationships with key people and supporting team in their influence footprint; increasing Diageo’s reputation and delivering award winning work. Being a visible and vocal voice of Diageo brands in the market
- Responsible for building capability in Influence & Advocacy across the Marketing team and partners
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualification is an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong foundation in a consumer engagement environment
- Be a strong and visible leader internally and externally who constantly pushes the business in this direction & lead the team to deliver great work across all brands, interest areas and countries
- Ability to drive the Marketing Leadership Team’s (MLT) thinking forward and leverage the MLT team to deliver against fame outcomes
- Track record of bringing successful new thinking into a business, leading business change and experience of experimentation and failure
- Have a deep knowledge of what it takes to get into consumer conversation and confidently drive the MLT and business to follow this.
- Possess real passion for Influence & Advocacy, and a drive to always push and apply new approaches/thinking from plans through to execution within PR, Social & Content. Be a confident, outgoing and experienced networker
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.