If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is one of the emerging management consulting firms in Nigeria. They offer a comprehensive range of services to corporate, commercial and individual customers both in Nigeria and via their intentional branch network.
The HR manager is a strategic partner to the CEO, who is responsible for the human capital development and sustainability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide outcomes, identify problems and proffer workable solutions.
- To balance, design and lead change within the organization.
- To develop human development strategies to enable growth, transformation and leadership capital.
- Manage the HR advisory, learning and development departments.
- To coordinate the development of organizational performance conductor and workforce strategy.
- Supervise the benefits and compensation departments.
- Oversea the Talent Acquisition Team.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management
- Other qualification in human resource would be of good advantage.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at Management level, with proven similar work experience.
- Must have proven knowledge of performance management using balance scorecard.
- Knowledge of talent acquisition, benefits and compensation is a must
- Must have strong knowledge of laws in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- Must have worked in a reputable organization in a similar role
For more information on this or any other exciting role please email your CV in MS WORD format in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
go to method of application »
Purpose of role
Our client is a top tier brand in the Nigerian Insurance Industry and we are in search of a high performing executive to join the governance team in the capacity of Executive Director, Non-Life Business. The successful candidate will be actively involved in growing revenue for the business segment, ensure team productivity and enhance technical innovation and efficiency. The individual shall be highly visionary, maintain a positive attitude and ensure that the culture of service is embodied by self and replicated across the team.
- The successful candidate shall be responsible for leading and supervising the Sales, Underwriting and Technical functions of the company. They shall be responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors through the Managing Director.
- Lead initiation and implementation of strategies and policies in accordance with board approved priorities for the technical and sales directorate. Generate business growth opportunities by developing and managing key relationships for enhanced revenue performance.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions as well as monitor markets, industries and companies for potential business opportunities or threats.
- Provide sound underwriting philosophies and discipline across all company business lines and demonstrate operational effectiveness in dealing with claims in accordance with company regulations aimed at meeting customer expectations
- Accountable for effective implementation of and adherence to established obligations, contracts and other underwriting commitments, annually design, implement and manage underwriting authority, guidelines and approval thresholds.
- Responsible for all technical regulatory compliance requirements as set by the National Insurance Commission. Provide direct oversight for day to day operations of sales, policy administration and general insurance operations functions.
- Ensure that corporate objectives are met by paying close attention to underwriting profit, business retention & sales revenue.
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of process improvement practices to promote increased quality of service so that the division can meet and exceed expectations
- A first degree, preferably in insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, finance or a related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Professional Insurance qualifications i.e. ACII, FCIIN or its equivalent. A masters’ degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 15+ years’ experience in Technical and Business Development role
- Must have functioned for a minimum of five (5) years in an Executive Leadership capacity
- Must possess executive presence matched with a high level of creativity and innovativeness. Must be a seasoned sales person with a predisposition to building and managing relationships. Must possess an above average proficiency in the use of modern day technology-based service delivery tools.
Qualified candidates should forward an updated copy of their CV in word format with Executive Director as subject to email@example.com
go to method of application »
Purpose of role
Our client is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance Industry and is in search of a high performing executive to join the organization in the capacity of Head, Actuarial Services. The successful candidate for this role shall be expected to manage the entire actuarial function for our client’s Insurance and participate in strategic leadership decision making as well as entrenching a positive attitude and culture across their team.
- Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses leading to the recommendation of pricing, reserving and ratemaking strategies, working closely with the business leads, claims, underwriting, and risk management segment of the business to ensure consistency, and proper interpretation of trends.
- Lead pricing actuary for company’s business segments, to include gathering, organizing and analysing data, assist the underwriting team in developing the approach each year to achieve the needed rate across the business units, and develop unique rating approaches to key product/market segments
- Lead statistical analysis to identify opportunities to improve the clients we serve through risk management efforts and claim handling practices
- Work closely with IT to integrate data from all systems in order to be most efficient and insightful in identifying trends, pricing & selection strategies and leading causes of loss
- Develop and deliver modelling and exposure management measures.
- Calculate Risk Capital for Enterprise Risk Management, including model development and enhancements. Understand and support capital allocation estimates and processes.
- A first degree, preferably in insurance, actuarial science, mathematics or a related discipline from a reputable institution
- A Qualified Actuary and Certified member of relevant professional bodies (Institute & Faculty of Actuaries, UK or Society of Actuaries, USA), Must have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience and should have functioned for a minimum of three (3) years in an Executive Leadership capacity
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management, etc.) and in multiple business units is strongly preferred, must be familiar with the actuarial standards of practice and be well versed in ratemaking using traditional and advanced reserving techniques
- Demonstrates ability to exercise sound judgment, an ability to think “outside of the box” , be open to and encourage new ideas and solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills in order to partner cross-functionally with actuarial and non-actuarial leaders, must be IT and technologically proficient
Qualified candidates should forward an updated copy of their CV in word format with AGM Actuarial as subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- HR Manager - email@example.com
- Executive Director – (Insurance) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant General Manager Actuary - email@example.com