Latest Job Opening at eHealth Africa
Posted on: 5 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a social media strategy and establish targets for increasing eHA’s online reach
- Develop content for external and internal communications, blogs and social networking platforms
- Proofread and write / edit content for print and online; help facilitate and ensure integration between online communications and traditional print collateral
- Contribute to and regularly update eHA’s website and social media sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr and other online communities
- Contribute to efforts to expand onto other social media platforms
- Develop and maintain a content calendar for social media sites
- Respond to online inquiries in real time to build and enhance eHA’s online community
- Analyze and measure the performance of eHA’s online activities
- Develop, drive and support a wide range of ongoing communications activities related to the external representation of eHA, brand integration and vendor management
- Collaborate across eHA departments and functions to build out internal communications
- In close collaboration with eHA Leadership and relevant consultants
- Develop and implement an annual strategic Communications Plan that sets out clear and concise company-wide communications goals
- Drive and integrate a brand strategy to tell the eHA story, its mission and scope
Who you are:
- Bachelor's in Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- X+ years of experience working in social media and / or marketing.
- Experience designing and executing successful social media campaigns.
- Proven track record in crafting substantive and cohesive messaging for an organization that resulted in a measurable difference (e.g. elevated profile, broader visibility, increased funding)
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining professional networks, especially topical press and policy relationships
- Proficiency working with web-based communications platforms (e.g. WordPress and MailChimp)
- Knowledgeable of website development and maintenance, emerging media technologies, conferences or other speaking opportunities and media relations
- Skills to create original work with photography and video (including editing); ability to edit photographs and videos; knowledge of key software such as Photoshop is an advantage
- Ability to actively listen to and incorporate ideas to influence strategy and shape content; effectively include others in the design process to get them engaged and take ownership
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the eHA mission and vision exemplified through professional background or a history of community involvement
- Fluent in written and spoken English; intermediate written French is also required
- Ability and willingness to play a range of roles from adviser to strategist to hands-on implementer
- Cultural sensitivity, sound judgment and strong interest in working in a demanding and intellectually challenging environment
- Humble, thoughtful, passionate, data-driven and intellectually curious
You are good at:
- Proofreading and editing!
- Creative thinking
- Learning and understanding new technologies, applications and processes
- Multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Creating creative, clear and compelling content
- Organization and details
- Working independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Building buy-in from different teams and stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Identifying and promoting best practices
Extra awesome to have:
- Experience working internationally strongly preferred
- Experience working in the NGO sector and / or West Africa
- Knowledge of Krio, Hausa and / or other languages
What We Offer
- The chance to work alongside local communities to transform health systems in West Africa together
- Ability to work directly with the Leadership Team and all levels of the organization, which will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the people and processes that make eHA function
- Opportunity to travel between country offices and explore West Africa
- A workplace full of smart, talented, and proactive people, who believe in trying novel approaches that help solve big, complex problems
- Environment where your opinion matters and your ideas can influence the direction of the company with a positive impact on the quality of our programs
- Possibility for professional development & training and a career that will keep you excited and motivated to come to work every day
- Competitive compensation & great perks
Above all else:
- We believe strongly in our mission and core values. Our teams are most successful when they do, too.
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skill and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table and invest in the places we call home.
- This position may require significant regional and international travel. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Software Developer at Byteworks
- Trainee Developer / Intern (PHP/MySQL) at Bincom ICT Solutions Limited
- Digital Marketing Associate/ Graphic Artist at Chips, Bits & Bytes Limited (CBBL)
- Current Job Placements at Proxynet Communications
- Sales Vacancies at BAT Computer Technologies Limited
- Senior Account Executives at SAP Nigeria
- Android and Backend Developer (PHP) at Edves Digital Education
- Key Account Manager at Vertiv Co Nigeria