In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking an ICT Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The ICT Officer reports to the Logistics Manager.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. Borno State is host to the largest number of IDPs with the biggest concentration in Maiduguri City. NRC is providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting for an experienced and dedicated candidate to establish the emergency functions in our programme in Nigeria:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise on emergency interventions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Solid field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP emergency response
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in cash and voucher-based programming
- Experience with Emergency start up.
- Experience in SOP systemic design approach
- Experience in working with ECHO RRM funded projects is an advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Political and cultural awareness
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- The Emergency Project Manager reports to the Area Manager in Maiduguri
- Coordinate the emergency aid delivery with other humanitarian actors working in the State or at the national level
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, including post-distribution monitoring.
- In collaboration with HoP, AM and PDMs startup emergency department for NRC Nigeria
- In collaboration with AM, identify and train Emergency Focal Points in NRCs field offices
- Facilitate emergency assessments, in close collaboration with PDMs and NRCs Access and Security Department
- In collaboration with HoP and PDMs contribute to project proposals budgets and reports to relevant donors in accordance with deadlines and guidelines given by HoP and the applicable donor
Commencement: November 2016
Duration: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on candidate.webcruiter.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.