Medical Job Opportunity at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
Posted on: 23 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people.
Job ID: 2016-2625
- The Technical Director, Laboratory Services will oversee and provide technical and management leadership for the design, implementation, and monitoring of the HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB lab strengthening interventions, ensuring their adherence to national and international standards, as well as their contribution to the national and international goals, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria.
- It is anticipated that the position will be based in Abuja.
- Also acting as an advisor, s/he will support capacity building activities focused on strengthening quality management systems of local clinical laboratories in high-volume testing and treatment locations.
- This position is contingent upon award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Maintain quality testing procedures and systems including new diagnostic technologies.
- Prepare and oversee implementation of laboratory work plan in consultation with county laboratory coordinators.
- Provide technical support to facility laboratory technologists on laboratory management.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on laboratory testing processes, with focus on HIV testing, EID, and VL monitoring.
- Conduct development, pre-testing, implementation and review of laboratory standard operating procedures to be applied in HIV care and treatment services.
- Support laboratory sample transport networking in supported facilities.
- Support commodity forecasting, quantification and redistribution/buffering in supported facilities in partnership with county teams.
- Coordinate performance and documentation of daily internal quality control and participation in external quality assessment to MOH supported facilities for TB and HIV services.
- Promote organizational structure in the areas of physical laboratory structure and infection prevention and promotes laboratory bio-safety.
- Higher National Diploma/degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementation of HIV or TB related medical laboratory activities in a CDC or USAID-funded project.
- Competent in development and implementation of work plans, M&E activities and reports.
- Demonstrated competency in laboratory activities.
- Skills in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training, pre-service education, performance and quality improvement, M&E.
- Ability to liaise with senior MOH and county government officials and senior members of the donor community.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Nigerian health care system, particularly the public health system.
- Familiarity with CDC and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jhpiego - John Hopkins University career website on jobs-jhpiego.icims.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jhpiego - John Hopkins UniversitySimilar Jobs
- Water and Habitat Engineer at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Trainer at Medecins Du Monde
- Programme Assistant (HACT) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Tally Assistant at the United Nations World Food Programme
- Information, Communication & Technology Assistant at Oxfam Nigeria
- Drivers at CARE International
- Accounts Executive at International SOS
- Programme Assistants at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)