Qualiserve Group - The organization started its operational activities as Qualiserve Technologies Ltd in the year 2005 to provide ICT solutions. Since then, Qualiserve has earned a reputation of helping its clients to attain improved performance in the provision of quality services in IT and other areas such as Telecom Infrastructure and Man-power Outsourcing. This we have achieved through a diverse pool of professionals, leveraging on the best practices, innovations and a strong backing from our financial partners to deliver world class services.
Reports to: Manager, IT Operations Support
Grade Level: TBD
SUBJECT AND DESCRIPTION
Assist in the administration, maintenance, support and upgrades of UNIX operating systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for UNIX operating system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide input in the planning of UNIX operating systems upgrades, deployment and provisioning new systems
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of UNIX operating systems.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for UNIX operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
- Perform daily UNIX operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
- Maintain backup of the UNIX operating system network.
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on UNIX operating system environment in [HUAWEI, CLIENT] through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily UNIX systems checks and correct any issues.
- Monitor UNIX systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of UNIX system problems.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
go to method of application »
- Operate the storage infrastructure including provisioning of LUNs and Volumes to servers and virtualized infrastructure etc
- Monitoring and maintenance the Storage Area Network including the fabric from host connectivity to the storage system
- Track storage system utilization
- Installation, setup and maintenance of backup environment, backup software and support backup and restore operations
- Support with monitoring and reporting of system health/ performance of all nodes of the SAN fabric
- Monitor storage performance / quality and implements performance tuning to resolve performance issues
- Create and maintain documentation as it pertains to the storage infrastructure procedures and configuration
- Report on necessary recommendations for additional storage resources or hardware and any improvements that increases performance and reliability
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 monitoring and support with on-call rotation
- Perform tape stock management.
- Perform healthy check and log collection for the procedure
- Responsible for the investigation and fix any backup issues.
- Clean up the storage media containing customer’s data before disposing or reuse of the storage media.
- Reponses the service request or incident ticket in time and escalate to next level with in SLA
SKILLS AND CAPABILITY REQUIREMENT
Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in storage solutions
- Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of storage technology such as RAID, LUN, Fiber Channel, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, multipath etc.
- Knowledge with Fiber Channel switches and routers
- Knowledge with backup, network and Virtualization Technology
- Working knowledge in Windows/Linux/Unix system admin
- Ability to document, and effectively implement projects and systems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Fluency in English and the local language (written and verbal)
- skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point
go to method of application »
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible to initially processing and filtering the data
- Generate and issue the daily, weekly and monthly report
- Analyze the data to confirm whether performance criteria is fulfilled
- Generate reports for any adhoc requests from management
- Support SLA manager in creating dashboards and maintain all the historical data for future reference
- Act as a focal point for any tool issues and follow-up with tools support team for resolution
- Follow up the issues for improving Service performance.
- Knowledge of performance KPIs and implications of different KPI deviation
- Basic knowledge of solving KPI degradation
- Knowledge of IT elements in one or more product domains; continue to develop expertise with current and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of MS Office with more focus on MS Excel.
- Good analytical skills and should be able to work with large amounts of data.
- 4 Years University degree in technical field or equivalent experience
- Other Requirements
- Ability to work off hours depending on Network outages and customer requests
- Customer’s Operations Team
- Performance Management Manager
go to method of application »
- Based on the project requirement to deploys, configures and maintains all the project required IT tools, including the BMC Remedy ITSM tools, monitoring tools and automation tools and related integrations.
- Particular applications to be supported and maintained include Service Desk, Change Management, Service Request Management, Dashboards and Business Analytics, and Asset Management.
- Frequent interaction is required with IT Service Center, the change management team, the asset management team, database team, and server team. Problem solving, communication and teamwork are keys to success in this position.
- Design, development, customization and administration of Remedy-based systems that align with Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Asset and Knowledge Management
- Continuous optimization of these (and future) tools to better align with IT Service Management best practices (e.g. ITIL)
- Customization and creation of Remedy workflows according to customer requirements
- Ability to estimate work effort for customizations, enhancements, and configuration requests
- Advanced analysis and troubleshooting
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation with respect to system design
- More than 5 years IT operation and maintenance experience, master mainstream IT operation and maintenance tools, automation tools, reports tools.
- Be familiar with process deployment and configuration
- Ability to manage and monitor application availability and have excellent ability of analysis, problem-solving
With strong communication skills, be able to organize IT service desk, change management team, asset management team, database team and server team to discuss and solve problems
Method of Application
Applicants shoud send their Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org