Job Vacancies at Don Quester
Posted on: 12 July, 2016
Deadline: 25 July, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Don Quester Consulting
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Don Quester Consulting Limited - Our client, seeks the services of result oriented and suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of an Accountant.
Job Code: DQC/KGVL/ACCT/07/16- ACCOUNTANT
Our client requires the skilled services of an accountant who will be able to ensure financial integrity by keeping track of every financial transaction in the guest house to make sure that all incoming and outgoing money is accurately recorded and handled. Also, carrying out investigations on the instance of any discrepancies identified.
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management.
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue.
- Reconciling bank statements and ensuring legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner. Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements. Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements.
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment.
- IT knowledge, as transactions are usually done through computerized systems, electronic cash tills, etc
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Unmatched attention to detail as you’ll be preparing detailed financial information for senior management.
- A degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience.
- A knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Minimum of 6 years experience with at least 3 years in the hospitality department
- A working knowledge of any accounting software package.
go to method of application »
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Ability to work effectively with MS word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess at least 2 years in customer service management.
- Must possess a degree in any business related discipline.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com stating the job code and job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Don Quester ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Manager at Workforce Group
- Information Technology Job Vacancies at Rovedana Limited
- Latest Jobs at McTimothy Associates
- Operations Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Account Executive, Business Development - Small Package at UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Business Development Manager - Wireline Logging at Maurice Xandra Solutions
- Latest Jobs at The Concept Group
- Android Developer at Rovedana