Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. MSF has the following vacant position:
Main Tasks to Perform
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management(collects, records and updates the staff individual files: individual information sheets, copy of signed contracts, amendments, records of leaves, absences, overtime, etc. then enter all the data into Homere software).
- Other Administrative Duties as may be required.
- Desirable Business Administration, Finance or Human Resources degree/diploma.
- Preferred previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Qualified young graduates would also be considered.
- Interest in non-profit and humanitarian activities(NGO)
- Fluent in English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet). Knowledge of SAGA accounting software a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to learn and work in team.
go to method of application »
Plan, organize, and evaluate the nursing activities and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies, protocols and universal health standards, in order to sustain the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the pre-validated plan of action
- Implement all the required MSF protocols and the hygiene procedures, and ensures that his/her team follow the same standards, in order to guarantee the quality of the care and service in his/her department.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (monthly roster, annual leave, absences, recruitments) evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure that his/her ward has the correct quantity and quality of human resources.
- Ensure that all his/her team is trained for: VVF admission and discharge protocols, VVF patient pre and post op management, VVF nursing protocols (such as residual urine protocol, vulval toileting), VVF health education, recognizing changes in patient condition and contacting the doctor when needed.
- Participate in the grand round twice a week.
- Assist the VVF doctor in Preparation of surgery list. Prepare for and participate in pre and post-operative clinics. Prepare and participate in follow up clinics.
- Ensure physiotherapy and counselling is organized daily during the week.
- Work together with the expatriate VVF surgeon during his campaigns to update VVF nursing protocols.Together with the VVF doctor, VVF counsellor +/- VVF surgeon, identify patients who will benefit from a stay in MOH VVF hostel for rehabilitation.
- Supervise the pharmacy and the medical equipment management in VVF department (drugs weekly orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs, drugs consumption, maintenance of the equipment in collaboration with the Biomed Technician) in order to satisfy the needs of the ward with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Insure that all administrative information (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.) and data (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) is properly collected and transferred weekly to the data department. Participate on the monthly reporting and analysis of the activity of his/her department.
- Education: Nursing diploma essential..
- Experience:Essential: at least 2 years of experience in the same or similar position under MSF, government employment or other NGO’s in a developing country is desirable.
- Languages: Mission language and local language essential (English, Hausa).
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress management
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details (with reference DAILYADMIN) to the MSF Abuja Coordination Office (No. 26 Olu Agabi Close. Life Camp Gwarimpa District. Abuja) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to email@example.com
- Deadline for the submission of applications: 24th June 2016.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- NB: only successful applicants will be called for written test/interview.