Head, Human Resources & Administration at Productive People
Posted on: 19 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View Jobs posted same day
Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors. The pun is deliberate.
Our client is the leading luxury retailer in Nigeria.
- Reporting Relationships
- Functionally reportsinto: Managing Director
- Administratively reports to: Managing Director
- Supervises: Admin Officer, Cleaners, Security, Drivers
- Support the Managing Director to ensure the effective management and motivation of the workforce
- Develop the capabilities of the workforce to ensure optimal contribution to the achievement of Montaigne’s vision
- Leads the conceptualisation, design, development and delivery of HR and Administration systems, structures, processes and policies
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define strategic direction for the Human Resources and Administration function and develop HR strategies and policies/processes aligned to the overall strategic direction of the company
- Drive manpower planning processes to ensure all resource requirements are based on periodic business plans and are justified vis-à-vis revenues and growth estimates.
- Lead performance management activities (i.e. performance planning/target setting, performance monitoring and periodic performance appraisals); ensures employee performance results adequately reflect corporate and departmental performance levels.
- Track corporate, departmental and employee competency levels against requirements; works with functional managers to determine gaps and ensure adequate and effective training and competence development programs are in place to provide staff with the competencies required for success in their current and future planned roles.
- Develop and implement compensation strategy and processes that will attract, motivate and retain the right talent required
- Oversee the career development, capacity development and progression of all employees, with emphasis on those that consistently exceed performance expectations.
- Manage overall culture of the organisation; initiates programs to ensure alignment of culture to company vision, mission and values.
- Prepare Monthly Payroll Schedules and Payslips for all staff
- Produce/provide periodic HR service updates and management reports as required.
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance processes within the company.
- Ensure availability of comprehensive, accurate and adequate Personnel information (through a modern Human Resource Information Management System) and recommend the deployment of technology for enhancement HR
- Ensure the company’s operations, logistics and maintenance requirements are met
- Manage vendors and suppliers of office consumables.
Key Performance Indicators
- Cost Efficiency
- Average staff productivity
- % reduction in cost per staff
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Training budget variance
- Average time required to fill vacancies
- Employee satisfaction levels
- Number /Quality of approved HR projects Implemented
- 6 years’ cognate experience
Minimum Education Qualifications
- First degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or any related field.
- A professional qualification e.g. CIPM will be an added advantage
- Ideal candidate should be female with manufacturing, retail or trading experience
- Recruitment and manpower planning
- Performance and career management
- Reward and recognition
- Training and development
- Knowledge of labour laws
- Business acumen
- IT skills
- Communication skills
- Execution skills
- Relationship management
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Organizational skills
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Brand Manager at Aldelia Group
- Content Manager at Polo Limited
- Procurement Executives at IL Bagno Nigeria Limited
- General Manager- Sales at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Sales Executives at IL Bagno
- Sales and Marketing Roles at School Kits Limited
- Entry-level Front Desk Personnel (Female) at Inesfly Africa Limited
- Jobs at Stream Insight Limited