If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client requires the service of a Live – in Facility Maintenance Officer for immediate employment.
Oversee the Electrical & Mechanical repairs. Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. electrical; mechanical; carpentry; renovation; and air conditioning (HVAC), etc.); Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, luminous and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Provides support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc).
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Procures and order parts
- Performs other work related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Preferred candidate must be willing and ready to Live-in the assigned environment.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of trade test III; electrical/mechanical degree holders are welcome to apply.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic understanding of plumbing and carpentry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a hands-on person
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘Facility Officer’ as subject of mail before 25th, May, 2016.