Career Opportunity at Seven Energy
Posted on: 2 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Seven Energy
Seven Energy is leading the way in the development of gas to light up Nigeria and our exceptional track record and strong performance would not be possible without our people.
Creating a world-class working environment is a top priority for us and we have a deep respect and appreciation for the individuals that make up our business including employees, contractors, host communities and stakeholders.
- Provide IT support, to ensure the stable operation of Seven Energy’s IT Infrastructure, in line with business needs and company policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administration of servers and end-user workstations on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based wide area network (WAN).
- Troubleshoot and support user problems prioritising and identify root cause; determine possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on assigned KPIs.
- Provide out of hours remote IT support by responding to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Administer network infrastructure (physical and virtual) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient networking systems.
- Plan and implement network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Allocate and priortise resources to provide appropriate support to the business.
- Infrastructure administration & maintenance, server backup, system updates, antivirus updates for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations
- Train direct reports and users to use new and/or existing systems and applications.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts in line with User Access Control policy across IT systems.
- Manage change controls, UAT and keeps management up to date on IT projects and issues.
- Carry out periodic audits of Seven Energy’s IT systems maintaining audit logs.
- Oversee software and application selection, installation and upgrades, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Manage third party IT related service contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, communications or related field & experience working with various networks, applications and systems.
- 5+yrs or greater experience in IT/Network/Systems
- Good written, verbal skill & contract negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, Networking concepts, Windows server (DC, DHCP, Exchange 2008 - 2016) experience & ITSM processes.
- Cisco Certified Engineer/Professional with practical experience.
- Good knowledge of computer programming, and scripting.
- Windows 2012 Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Hyper-V or Virtualisation experience.
- Good analytical, problem solving skills to identify and resolve matters of significance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Able to work under pressure & adapt to changing requirements and requests.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Seven EnergySimilar Jobs
- Channel Business Managers at Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS)
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Medical Quality Services Officers at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Senior Project Analysts at Aldelia Limited
- RusselSmith Group Recruitment for Commercial Officers
- Career Opportunities at WTS Energy
- Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Hobark International Limited (HIL)