New Job Vacancy at The Population Council
Posted on: 29 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
- The Population Council is inviting applications from Senior Expert Researchers to provide leadership and oversight in managing data, research, analysis and documentation components of all projects undertaken by the Council in Nigeria.
- This position requires substantial knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods, operations research, advanced analyses of research data, scientific writing and documentation, training and capacity building in research methods as well as designing and managing of HIV/AIDS, SRH and Poverty, gender and youth programs as vehicles for strategic information dissemination to strengthen policy formulation and program development.
- The Population Council has worked in collaboration with a very broad range of Nigerian institutions. The Council's program includes the design and testing of innovative HIV & AIDS and Reproductive Health approaches and policy and program relevant research, training, and institutional strengthening, and is supported by a range of donors.
- Establish, lead and manage the KM/OR/M&E Unit
- Continuously work with project leads to develop and implement data collection, analysis and write up of results focused on the process, outcomes and impact of all projects undertaken by the Council in Nigeria.
- Design, implement and strengthen the HMIS systems for recording and retrieving real-time data
- Analyze and synthesize research findings in ways that ensure that research is collated and directed in appropriate pathways and channels.
- Maintain excellence by ensuring the quality, ethics and policy relevance of research
- Ensure the currency, completeness and adequate storage of the Council’s research data and documents
- Ensure the communication of research findings through publications in peer reviewed journals and books and oral presentations at scientific conferences and professional meetings
- Develop and implement a research agenda for addressing key poverty, gender and youth issues in Nigeria
- Manage all research and project activities in compliance with Council policies and procedures.
- Represent the Council at research and public health community, in media, academic and professional fora locally, nationally and internationally.
- Engage in other tasks as requested by the Country Director.
- Doctoral Degree in Demography, Epidemiology, Social Statistics or related field, with relevant training or expertise in the SRH/HIV field and at least two years of relevant experience in a sector capacity successfully initiating, managing and implementing operations research projects
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct public health and social science research including experience with a variety of research methodologies, research capacity building and informed policy advocacy
- Experience working with networks of SRH/HIV researchers, policy-makers and program managers as well as consultants and NGOs/CBOs geared to common research and policy agendas
- Demonstrated ability to stimulate fund raising and secure funds for program and research activities as needed
- Strong working knowledge of the HIV/AIDS and SRH fields in Nigeria, proven through past positions
- Fairly high profile in the population, health and SRH/HIV fields with a strong scientific publications records
- Capacity to understand and manage collaborations with research investigators, governmental, donor and civil society partners, service providers and consultants from a variety of fields and cultures.
- Excellent diplomatic, representational, problem-solving, management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within country and internationally on a regular basis.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Population Council Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Population CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Finance Manager at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Aviation Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Senior Project Manager, MAFITA at Adam Smith International
- Logistics Officers at Oxfam Nigeria
- Finance Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Medical Adviser at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
- Country Support Associate, Severe Malaria at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Site Study Coordinator Research at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)