If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Reporting to: Manager-Fabrication
- To apply engineering principles and practices toward improving manufacturing processes; coordinate and support work teams to maintain quality of all work processes and systems.
Key aims and objectives:
- To ensure a smooth flow of operation/fabrication and welding in order to be productive and cost effective as a business
- To work safe at all times
Prime responsibilities and duties:
- Develop mechanical system design solutions based on engineering principles
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including FEA and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics).
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports
- Ensure all activities are adequately resourced with labour and calculate the weekly requirement through the resourcing plan
- Safety team
- Fabrication Supervisors, Superintendents/Managers
- Engineering team
- Degree in Engineering from a reputable higher institution
- Strong knowledge of engineering design, concepts and practices
- Experienced in diagnosing and resolving design and functional issues
go to method of application »
Reporting to: GM Construction
- Responsible for coordinating, supervising, managing and delivering all construction activities and overall Mechanical Completion of the project in consonance with all contract specifications, requirements and project HSE/budgetary objectives.
Key aims and objectives:
- Coordinate of review of Clients project construction drawings, specifications verifications and site survey prior to preparation of bill of engineering materials evaluation
- Planning, scheduling and management of all project/construction effort and resources and Subcontractors to ensure economic and efficient utilization of resources to safely drive project workforce to achieve the project scope of work within budget and cost
- Review of the project engineering designs, shop drawings and specifications issued by engineering department for constructability
- Site verification of designs drawing specifications and condition survey and preparation of project scope of works for tendering purposes
- Determine and address constructability issues of erection sequence, welding capability, access, crane usage/availability, lifting capabilities
- Participate in the analysis of schedule feasibility with PMT
- Determine adequate laydown/fabrication space, load out mechanism
- Determine access availability for construction equipment, material and personnel
- Interfaces with Contracts department, QA/QC, HSE as well as Engineering departments and both site and base production department in the preparation and execution of projects as appropriate
- Provision of focused leadership to the project construction function and resource planning
- Coordination of the review of design drawings and specification verifications and site survey prior to performance of bill of engineering materials evaluation
- Planning and management of all construction effort and resources to ensure economic and efficient utilization of resources to safely achieve the project scope of work within budget and time
- Ensure economic and efficient utilization of resources to safely achieve the projects scope of work within Company budget and timelines
- Planning and control of manpower, equipment, materials and other resources requirements for imminent project challenges
- Drive development and review of Company existing technical strategies for execution of new tasks as well as opening business
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring the Contract Master Schedule is correct in regard to all construction activities
- Ensuring that Engineering procedure sets of build sequence drawings in line with the contract master schedule
- Ensuring that Engineering shop drawings are issued in line with the contract master schedule
- Monitoring procurement to ensure all bulk material purchases are in line with CMS
- Ensuring that Work packs are produced and issued in line with CMS
- Ensuring that labor requirements are known and are secured in line with histogram from the CMS to allow activities can commence in line with CMS
- Ensuring that HSE plan & procedures are adhered to by the project workforce
- Ensuring that the Construction Superintendent are fully aware of project requirements for Structural fabrication of the project structures
- Making sure that construction supervisors on project are fully aware of objectives and milestones in order to complete the works in accordance with the CMS
- Ensuring that all construction activities are controlled in accordance with QA/QC Inspection and Test Plans of the project
- Ensuring subcontractors are managed with the PM to ensure the work is carried out to Project HSE & QA/QC requirements and in accordance to the CMS
- Arrange and coordinate Completion meetings at the earliest stage possible to ensure the construction activities are complete and in line with Commissioning activities according to the CMS
- Arrange and coordinate Pre Lift meetings of certain critical lifts to ensure all aspects of Engineering, Quality and HSE have been undertaken to ensure the task is carried out after JSA and all pre checks have been signed off by relevant responsible persons
- Arrange and coordinate Load out meetings with PM at an early stage to control all preceding activities leading up to the actual up to the actual Load Outs.
- Participate in the proposal phase for new work as required.
- QA/QC, HSE, PMT and all Engineering disciplines
- 3rd party Companies
- Should have Engineering Degree, Technical School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience
- At least 20+ years of experience in a Project Structural, Piping and Mechanical Construction Work
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on Jagal website