Education Development Center (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
Regular – Full-Time – Sokoto, Nigeria
The USAID/Nigeria's Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria's Northern States. The main duties of the Cashier will be the management of cash and cash transactions for NEI Plus. He/she will also be responsible for day to day bank liaison and general Finance Department office duties.
- Administer petty cash operations, and provide accountability and reporting in full compliance with USAID and Creative standards
- Assist logistics and procurement staff in cash disbursement of items paid in petty cash and submitting daily expense report to accountant/finance and administration officer
- Coordinate with district teams to ensure directly managed labor activities are following timekeeping procedures and labor payments are made in a timely fashion
- Maintain an efficient and accessible paper and electronic filing system
- Modify or improve filing system if required
- Perform periodic inspections of files in order to ensure correct placement
- Assist in establishing systems to reduce overhead costs and propose cost-effective systems to save money
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
Skills and Experience
- Analytical Skills.
- 2 years of progressive work experience in banking or a relevant trade
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant education certificate
go to method of application »
The USAID/Nigeria's Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria's Northern States. The System Strengthening/EMIS Officer will provide technical assistance on education information management systems project-wide and will be responsible for overseeing policy-related activities.
- Support the development of a common web-based EMIS using existing open source software that can be customized by state and LGEAs to meet unique information needs;
- Provide ongoing technical support to ministries, departments, and agencies staff to review progress, “trouble shoot” problems, and support use of EMIS data;
- Provide support for inter-state training for SMOE, SUBEB, and planners, analysts, and policy makers focused on gathering, analyzing and using data from the EMIS, reading assessments, evaluations, and research to make decisions and plan education improvement initiatives;
- Support planners and policy makers to use data for quality decision-making;
- Provide assistance in setting up systems to gather data for access to quality education at the state level.
- Facilitate a process with state governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing education policy frameworks, especially around systems, access, reading instruction, and assessment.
- Work with FMOE, SMOEs, UBEC, NMEC, SUBEB, SAME, MORA to provide support to sustain existing policy initiatives and facilitate development and implementation of new policies, particularly in the areas of systems, access, reading instruction, assessment, and accountability;
- Facilitate policy review meetings with regard to reading and access to track progress in implementing new policies, identify corrective actions to speed implementation, and develop tools to assess impact;
- Improve the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement policies and regulations with regard to access and reading;
- Provide coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring;
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through state-level workshops involving government education officials; community meetings; IT; paper publications; and ongoing media campaigns.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 8 years of work experience with EMIS with international development organizations or in an international development context;
- Experience in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management;
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing policy frameworks, preferably in the field of education
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels
- Demonstrated expertise in policy mapping
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy or related field
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org “Cashier” or “System Strengthening/EMIS Officer” in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.