INTERSOS Humanitarian Organization is a Non Governmental, non-profit, which has the objective of assisting victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, as part of its activities in West Africa and Central seeking candidates for the following position:
Place: West Africa and Central
Reporting to: Head of Mission - line supervisor; Regional Director Administration and Finance - functional supervisor
Contract duration: 12 months
General objective of the position
The administration and finance coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the economic and financial aspects of the activities of INTERSOS projects. The Administrator Country directs and coordinates the administrative, accounting and financial mission. As coordinator, he is the guarantor of the financial equilibrium of the mission and of respect by all of INTERSOS procedures, donor procedures and laws of the country of assignment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The administration and finance coordinator is responsible for:
- Ensure compliance of the financial management of projects, with the administrative procedures of INTERSOS and donors;
- Ensuring adequate cash management project (Fund and Bank), including monthly reconciliation (physical and INTERSOS with the Internal Accounting System) in collaboration with the project managers;
- Update of financial management, accounting and budget;
- Define the circuit and spending authorization thresholds and ensure compliance of the procurement workflow;
- Share the financial data of projects in accordance with the guidelines laid down in financial terms by the regional administration;
- Consolidate monthly closing accounting of the mission;
- Prepare, monitor and review the financial planning of the mission;
- Perform consolidation monthly budget monitoring and ensuring the financial balance of the mission;
- Check the running costs of the mission;
- Prepare and accompany audits or any controls;
- Prepare and consolidate financial parts of the proposals;
- Integrate new lease contracts to financial management of the projects mission as INTERSOS procedures;
- Monitoring of the regular updating of accounting and information instruments Project Accounting (estimated budget PN) conducted by project administrators for proper monitoring and control of expenditure;
- Preparation of financial reports and / or notes to donors for possible budget changes and / or in case of amendments request, in collaboration with the project manager;
- Drafting of interim and final financial reports of the project in collaboration with the project manager;
- Planning and implementation of regular missions on project bases for ensuring the continued oversight of the financial aspects in coordination and agreement with the requests of the project manager,
- Administrative management of the mission: ensuring compliance with international and national standards in the context of human resources, seized contracts, labor code, tax laws and internal regulations of INTERSOS;
- Supervision and training of administrative national project staff in collaboration with the project manager.Participation in the selection of the national accounting and administrative staff and evaluation of the same staff;
- Electronic filing of administrative and accounting documents of the project in collaboration with the project manager and submission of a final report at the conclusion of the mission, adjourned with all the details and specifications.
- University degree in management and finance or similar areas.
- 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Skills and Knowledge of the procedures of the major donors (eg: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Human resource management skills and capacity for teamwork
- Fluency in French and / or English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in unstable and volatile security environments.
Method of Application
All applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
specifying the subject coordinator Administration and Finance - West and Central Africa.
Finally it is specified that the worker applicants must provide details of two professional references.
Due to the number of applications we receive we can not guarantee a response to all. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted first.