Genesis Group is a wholly Nigerian owned Catering, Hospitality & Entertainment Conglomerate with business interest in Hotels, Restaurants, Cinemas, Shopping Malls, Real Estate Development, Outdoor Catering, Industrial Catering & Housekeeping Management, and Food Production.
For over 2 decades we have provided ‘Exceptional Products & Services’ to both multinational and Nigerian corporations, as well as discerning members of the public looking for something special.
- To contribute to guest comfort and ensure the daily cleaning and tidying of all the hotel bedrooms and any public areas.
- To also monitor the operation efficiency of the linen service
- To ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the hotel, with the supervision and inspection of all guest rooms and areas.
- To be fully aware of all hotel services and activities.
- To allocate areas of cleaning on a daily basis fairly, in accordance with hotel procedures and hotel business.
- To ensure all guest and team members laundry and dry cleaning is processed in accordance with hotel procedures, charges are raised and documentation completed for hotel audit procedures.
- To be fully aware of the mini bar procedures (where appropriate).
- To be fully aware of linen procedures and assist with linen stock-takes as required.
- To order, receive and issue cleaning materials and carry out stock-takes as required.
- To ensure the correct use of cleaning agents on all surfaces.
- To assist with the periodic cleaning of areas as requested.
- To be fully aware of, and strictly adhere to, security procedures laid down by the hotel and company. This to include keys, stock, cash and property.
- To record and report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance.
- To ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively.
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation.
- To assist with the housekeeping operation as necessary, i.e. servicing of guest rooms etc.
- To record, report and process lost property according to hotel procedures.
- To assist with the training of team members in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment. This to include recording of training, Induction and National Vocational Qualifications.
- To review the performance of team members where this forms part of your responsibility.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be aware of and strictly adhere to fire procedure precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid down by the hotel and company in order to satisfy statutory legislation.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To attend training when required
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
- Team working
- The ability to take the initiative
- Good physical resilience
- Organisation and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
go to method of application »
- As the person responsible for all kitchen produce, to co-ordinate the distribution of tasks amongst his or her teams ensuring that the work progresses as it should within the time available.
- To prepare all the menus in co-operation with the Restaurant Manager and check customer satisfaction levels by exercising a presence in the restaurant at meal times.
- To ensure that production is correctly executed and that products comply with the technical sheets
- To ensure the quality levels of products and services
- To manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she also ensures a good working atmosphere
- To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost
- Cooking skills: the ability to adapt your cooking style to your local environment
- Using the Windows environment
- The ability to manage a profit centre: stock, cost prices, orders etc
- The ability to manage a team: supervision, training, motivation, delegation
- Team leadership
- Good relationship skills
- Organisation and thoroughness
- Teaching skills
- Physical and mental resilience
go to method of application »
- To ensure service delivery at every point of sale in the Food and Beverage Department.
- He or she therefore supervises and co-ordinates the Food and Beverage Department.
- To ensure that the customer promise is delivered and that customers are satisfied within the framework of financial targets set.
- To ensure that guests receive high quality service
- To ensure that the applicable regulations are complied with
- To be responsible for his or her own results
- To optimise the supply chain and the use made of raw materials
- Team management, leadership & team player
- A liking for organisational work
- Effective management: delivering profit centre profitability
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Sensitivity to customers: good relationship skills
- Spirit of initiative
- Financial awareness
- A-levels (professional) in service-related subjects
- Significant food and beverage experience (5 years)
- Experience of working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel or food and beverage sectors and managing teams of at least 20 staff
go to method of application »
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service, in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change and employee relations matters.
- Support managers with the effective and efficient performance of their employees, identifying and facilitating appropriate interventions through the performance management processes.
- Guide managers through employee relations cases in real time, intervening and steering in the appropriate direction taking account of governing policies, employment law, best practice and precedent.
- To lead on the management of casework, relating to sickness absence. This includes making recommendations, giving advice and support to managers, liaising with Occupational Health, case review meetings with employees and managers.
- Assist the design and delivery of development workshops in areas of HR, to enhance knowledge and skills within Farrow & Ball.
- To oversee and authorise the preparation and issue of appropriate contractual documentation in relation to appointments, terminations and variations of employment including accurate notification to Payroll.
- To keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice, knowledge sharing with the team to ensure continuous improvement in the service offered.
- Identify and communicate these implications to business areas as appropriate.
- Analyse weekly and monthly KPI’s taking action and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversee the accuracy and maintenance of the HR Information System data.
- Contribute and support the continuous improvement of HR systems, practices and policies in the organisation, ensuring they underpin our Company culture.
- Consult on issues related to workplace relations and performance management.
- Prepare briefings over a range of HR related topics.
- Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring that they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements.
- Compile and interpret HR information using bespoke information systems including accessing, inputting and compiling data.
- Support the HR Manager to drive organisational performance by driving core business objectives.
- Assist and lead where appropriate on other Human Resources projects and activities.
- At least 2 years generalist HR experience gained within a commercial environment
- Ideally CIPM qualified.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of Employment Law.
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external managers and contacts
- Verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organisation. Confident at delivering feedback.
- Written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- Experience in leading and working effectively in teams.
- Experience of supervising staff and assuming responsibility for workload allocation, identifying development needs and performance planning and feedback.
- Ability to write and present information on HR KPI’s.
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Generalist HR experience within a busy HR environment.
- Results and service focused
- High level of integrity
- Determination and drive for excellent results, solution oriented
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work in a busy environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Flexible, able to travel
- Able to use own initiative
- Previous experience of retail/operations companies
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed.
- Must be prepared to work as part of a team and assist or carry out other duties during periods of high workloads, sickness, holidays and emergencies.
go to method of application »
- A manager who is vast in marketing activities and client's business.
- Maximising sales and meeting targets
- Managing the food and beverage provision for functions and events;
- Supervising catering and waiting staff at functions;
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs;
- Recruiting and training permanent and casual staff;
- Organising, leading and motivating the catering team;
- Planning staff shifts and rotas;
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed;
- Budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts;
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- Keeping financial and administrative records;
- Monitoring spending levels;
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required;
- Interacting with customers if involved with front of house work;
- Liaising with suppliers and clients;
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering);
- Maximising sales and meeting profit and financial expectations.
- Overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff;
- Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development;
- Dealing with staffing and client issues;
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus or trends in consumer tastes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning & organisational skills
- Good Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Effective management of customer expectations
- Good knowledge of the Port Harcourt market and its neighbouring towns.
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field.
- More than 8 years marketing experience especially in the hospitality industry.
Click here to apply online
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the email
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale