New Vacancies at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 29 January, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Achieving department and customer operation goals; ensuring ongoing equipment (systems) reliability through preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, troubleshooting, analysis and equipment upgrades.
Key aims and objectives:
- Perform repairs with minimum supervision, take responsibility and make decisions to see the job completion within time demands.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; working in a safe and effective manner.
- Respond to all equipment breakdowns in a timely manner based on priority systems.
- Diagnose and apply results with the use of voltmeters, amps meters & oscilloscopes.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment.
- Troubleshoot PLC controls & instrumentation on a wide variety of industrial applications.
- Work as a part of a team to troubleshoot and repair equipment, including disassembly and reassembly electrical equipment/machinery.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program for plant equipment.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards (5S) and quality checks.
- Maintain parts and work records on computerized maintenance system.
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems through the use of electrical schematics (blue prints), panel layouts or manufacturer’s specifications to effect repair.
- Provide required shift change hand-off information on equipment repairs or work orders to shift coordinator.
- Make recommendations to improve equipment operation/efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve maintenance service to customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility when tasks are reassigned or altered.
- Follow maintenance quality and standard operating procedures as established.
- Assist and support the department in achieving and maintaining budgetary goals.
- Support and assist mechanics with expertise in electrical equipment.
- Maintains assigned equipment, and tools for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition. Monitor the electrical work of contractors for the purpose of ensuring that the projects are satisfactory completed and within specifications.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, trainings and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Coordinates with assigned foreman and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating conditions, identifying necessary repairs and recommending PM.
- Maintain an accurate log of all parts used and assist in maintaining inventory.
- Maintain compliance with all company policy and procedure guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical and pneumatic transducers and hydraulic system/controls.
- Troubleshoot and maintaining PLC and SLC along with 24-volt and 110-volt control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair of DC Controllers and AC Drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical relay and alarm systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical motor control circuity.
- Troubleshoot and repair phased and DC electric motors.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical power generation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical switch-gear equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair DC battery banks and battery chargers.
- Remove, install, repair and test low-voltage distribution panels.
- Test, troubleshoot and replace electrical lighting systems.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair HVAC system.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair AC variable frequency motor drives.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair UPS system.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair fire and gas detection equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair low to high voltage equipment.
- Interpret computer diagnostics of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Technical College or HND, certified in electrical-electronics or its equivalents.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Computer familiarly and capable of adapting to new computer programs.
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethics with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record.
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Minimum four year of experience.
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather.
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces.
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights.
- Willing to work overtimes, on shift arrangement, holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willing to support company’s alcohol & drug-free work environment, which will include random alcohol and drug screening.
- Hands on experience.
- Complex Problem Solving; identify complex problems and reviewing related information’s to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Ability to stand for long periods with occasional laying down, stooping and crouching plus frequent lifting.
go to method of application »
- The purpose of this role is to manage, organise, and develop the team in order to provide logistics services to projects and other stakeholders, by monitoring the supply chain from Purchase Order placement up to delivery at final destinations - e.g. required storage or fabrication facilities, on Snake Island or dedicated locations ‘off site’.
- To provide a safe plant and equipment service to user departments for the Logistics delivery; with the team to develop planning and control systems to effectively manage conflicting demands for cranes, trucks and related equipment;
- To manage and control labour and costs; to be able to justify priorities of tasks and present a flexible yet credible image to stakeholders, customers and management.
- To operate and manage operations safely and effectively; to inspire and train staff, with particular interest in developing local expertise.
- To demonstrate management responsibility for Logistics operations in all aspects for both corporate and project.
- With the Materials & Logistics Manager to establish and maintain a strong relationship with Logistics partners, particularly with regard to our freight forwarders, shipping Lines, and other sections within Nigerdock Supply Chain Team.
Key Aims and Objectives
- To promote a safe culture throughout the team and its operations, observing and developing operational performance in close relationship and compliance with the Nigerdock Management System & HSE Department.
- To operate at all times in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- To provide sufficient labour and equipment team support to satisfy the demands of stakeholders.
- To plan, implement and execute all Nigerdock Snake Island Logistics requirements to meet stakeholder demand.
- To effectively manage freight forwarders, clearing agents, vendors and sub-contractors and there costs.
- To manage internal labour costs, reducing manpower requirements, including overtime, wherever possible.
- With partner interests develop process controls which improve Logistics performance and service levels, manage HSE, costs, and develop deliverables towards best practice solutions.
- To effectively manage staff / labour, plant and equipment in a safe and effective environment.
- To control costs: demurrage, refund claims, waivers, quick returns of empty, overtime, project contract rate, time-sheet, equipment and truck supply to projects.
- To take supply chain management objectives into the implementation phase.
- Manage Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics and internal distributions on Snake Island; the shipping lines, freight forwarder, haulage, terminal operators
- To consolidate and develop procedures, processes and control, for logistics operations.
- Attend necessary meetings: HSE, M & L meeting, projects meetings, clients meeting, subcontractors meetings / freight forwarder / haulage sub-contractors.
- Support Projects and Commercial in contract bidding/development in the areas of Logistics concern and applicable charges.
- Cost and Management reports.
- Staff and Labour reviews.
- To Procurement, Material Control, Warehousing within the SCM Department, Marine/Transport, and Commercial, Finance, SIMCO, Security, Shipyard, Safety, various Projects and departments all operational stakeholders.
- To Clients, Freight Forwarders, Clearing Agents, Project Clients, Shipping Lines, Airlines, Customs, Vendors and Sub-contractors.
- Should have technical, management experience with evidence(s), ability to coordinate with plant operators and labour;
- Possess a flexible approach to tasks but be capable of being definitive; safety conscious with a good operating and service knowledge of cranes, trucks, container handlers, fork lifts and similar equipment.
- The suitable candidate shall have a University Degree (or accepted equivalent training and experience) with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Logistics, Shipping & freight forwarding including a minimum of 3-5 years in a management position in freight / logistics/shipping or multimodal transport logistics organisation(s).
- Good negotiation skills, being organised as a good coordinator and communicator.
- Competency in handling international trade (import and export), shipping, logistics (sea, air and road freight), Project cargo, Liner & Tramp shipping, Customs, NAFDAC, Inspection Agents, Insurance, Bank-Letter of Credit, Freight Forwarder, Freight-negotiation, Chartering, Contract-development, Safety, Shipping lines and Terminal operators’ matters, procedure(s) and process(es) and Control management.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, go to Jagal's career portal on HRSMART to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Off Grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor at Tetra Tech
- Job Vacancies at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- General Manager- Administration at Hamilton Lloyd And Associates
- Storekeepers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executives at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Chief Information Officers at Fircroft Nigeria
- Business Development Managers at Pedini-Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Marketing Executives at McDorsey Service Company Limited