Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact's vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development."
We are seeking highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill the below position of:
- The Jobholder will provide program support services ensuring high quality; accuracy and consistency of work.
- The Project Support Officer will work in close collaboration with the operations, program staff on ICARE project as required to exchange information and support program delivery.
- Will participate in the formulation and review of integrated Behavior Change and Community Mobilization strategy.
- S/he will work with the ICARE BCC Lead, to coordinate the development of communication materials for the project.
- S/he will support CBO partners to deliver communications interventions for behavior change to target groups and also work as a co-trainer at Behavior Change related workshops at state and national levels.
- S/he will monitor and evaluate the use of BCC materials; tracks BBCMA's ICARE related radio programs and Media kits.
- Will participate in the initiation, design and monitoring of project activities.
- Will work with the Capacity Development Officers in the state to track and write success stories and collate relevant pictures.
- Minimum of a degree in Social Sciences, Business or other relevant field
- Two years experience working within government, INGO or local NGO environments
- Fluency in English language.
- High level community engagement skills including Planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence a Good computer skills, including practiced knowledge and experience in word-processing, spreadsheet (Excel) skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the learnt: resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, learn worker, confident in dealing with people.
go to method of application »
- The Finance Officer plays a critical role in Pacts financial management. With a large number of procurements and grants to local organizations, Pact’s accounting practices, oversight, and financial support of its local partners is a central to effective programming.
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards;
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards, Develops monthly and quarterly financial reports for the review/approval of the finance manager.
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments ate accurately captured, timely and complete.
- Reviews procurement and payment documents ensuring appropriate cost coding and accuracy.
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses such as telephone travel etc.
- Carries out banking transactions/reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and accurate capturing in accounting system.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives.
- Provide general orientation and support to sub-grantees on financial reporting Follow-up with 3rd party transactions, ensuring that all related documentation are submitted such as TA for sub-awards, deposit slips are properly filed etc.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Chartered accountant qualifications a plus.
- Must also have at least three years experience as an accountant. Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and serenics), including payrolling required.
- Also must have knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Publisher
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com All CVs/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.