Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
Our client, is a top firm in the real estate industry and is currently looking to engage the services of an Experienced Quantity Surveyor.
The quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk, value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on contractual claims;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- BSc/HND in Quantity Surveying
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC qualification experience.
- Candidates must have worked as QS for a construction company
- Must understand the different types of bonds and where they are applicable – Advance Payment, Retention, Performance, Bid etc
- Must understand how to prepare material and labour schedule
- Must be able to prepare BOQ with rates taking off with project drawings
- Must have excellent understanding of grades of concrete with their mix ratios
- Must have excellent understanding of how to prepare valuations and variation claims
- Must understand what terms like penultimate valuation, half moiety, LAD, etc.
- Must understand how to price project preliminaries in relation to extension of time.
- Must understand the various methods of valuing preliminaries for an ongoing project
- Must understand the preambles and conditions of contract – FIDIC , SMM and JCT
- Must understand the various types of contracts – Fixed, Fluctuating, All inclusive etc
- Must understand site materials inventory management and control.
- Must have executed at least two projects with the value of 500 Million Naira (10 Million Cedis) each, or a single project with a value of 1 Billion Naira (20 Million Cedis) as the QS in charge for a construction company.
- Must have good understanding of how to perform cost control analysis, and draw up reports on changes to work and contractor’s claims.
go to method of application »
Our Client, a business conglomerate with presence in different sectors including Consumer Products, Corporate Services and Infrastructure is seeking to hire the services of enthusiastic and goal driven Corporate Sales Executive with experience in marketing and selling Furniture Products to modern retail markets.
Prepare & execute go to market plan to achieve desired monthly Sales Targets.
• New business development & sales opportunities amongst consultants, architects, middle men for govt. projects, FMCG, and other institutions.
• Expected to build and manage solid commercial relationships at all levels and to manage all sales, margin and profitability.
• Ability to take decisions on critical and urgent matters and provide solutions.
• Expected to build a strong healthy pipeline of prospective opportunities/Leads to Active and regular Business
o Understand their Requirement & Needs.
o Understand Our Competition : Difference in Product, Price & Other offerings
o Maximize Business with each Customer.
• Developing and coordinating with local vendors for cost effective Products to sell.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum experience of 4 years in B2B Furniture Sales (Projects), with good market knowledge of Furniture, Furniture projects & Competitors.
• Presentable and with good communication skills.
• Strategic / persuasive approach to business development.
• Ability to work equally on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Fosad's Posts on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.