If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Fundraising Advisor, Lagos.
To initiate and build relationships with Nigeria based Companies, Foundations and High Net-Worth individuals to secure substantial fund and partnerships in support of ActionAid’s work. The role will focus on corporate and prospective donors with the ability to support at a six figure level or above. A key priority is to secure income for ActionAid Nigeria’s programme work and to build ActionAid’s networks in the business world in order to increase awareness and visibility of ActionAid.
Initiate contact and follow-up prospective supporters/donors for community fundraising initiative. Build and sustain supporter base for community fundraising and coordinate community sponsorship fundraising initiative.
- Actively participate in the researching and securing of new funding streams for the country programme
- Initiate, build and manage relationships with prospective donors.
- Provide a lead on AAN high value fundraising initiative.
- Provide a lead on AAN community sponsorship fundraising initiative
- Prepare compelling pitches and presentations for both High value and Community Sponsorship Fundraising Initiative.
- Prepare contractual agreements when required
- Monitor partnerships to ensure that objectives and reporting requirements are met
- Seek the advice and involvement of donors to open up new donor relationships among those known to them and to encourage peer to peer fundraising.
- Work with the Project Information team to brief them on donors’ information needs, to identify key messages and to request, as early as possible, funding proposals and reports that meet donors’ requirements
- Prepare (occasional) funding proposals and reports if/when the Project Information team is unable to deliver the work to the schedule required
- Develop and maintain a time-lined work plan for prioritising approaches to corporate donors
- Adhere to ActionAid’s ethical guidelines on engaging with the corporate sector as set out in its Corporate Fundraising policy
- Attend regular team meetings and occasionally representing the team in cross-organisational working groups, especially with other fundraising teams
- Keep up to date with trends in the funding environment and on best practice in corporate and major donor fundraising
- Develop an understanding of all legislation relating to corporate fundraising
- Monitor individually achieved income in relation to targets and be able to explain any variances in performance
- Assist in developing and implementing guidelines for donor contract reporting such that it is timely and of required standard
- Assist in developing new fundraising and awareness policies while maintaining relations with existing donors.
- Facilitate Fundraising training for ActionAid staff, partners and Community Resource Persons (CRPs)
- Ensure the maintenance of an up to date profile of corporate donors in
Nigeria and their respective interests.
- Coordinate and line manage Community Sponsorship fundraisers
- Monitor fundraisers achieved income in relation to targets and be able to explain any variances in performance
- Other duties as assigned by the line manager
- Assist in preparing 3-year and annual budgets for the Fundraising unit of AAN and ensure the proper management of the budget.
- Ensure judicious use of resources in AAN’s work.
****Reporting & Accountability****
- Work with the Head of Fundraising/Sponsorship to develop work plans for the unit
- Ensure production of reports as required by ALPS and donors
- Assist in the development of strategic documents such as country and programme strategy papers, which chart out the way forward for fundraising related work in AAN.
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Master’s degree in relevant studies is desirable.
- At least 5 years minimum working experience is essential
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector is essential
- Experience in writing fundraising proposals and reports is essential
- Ability to recognise and leverage on opportunities is essential
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills is essential
- Negotiation skills is essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- The ability to develop rapport with individuals and build partnerships with large, often complex organisations
Method of Application
All interested candidates should complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria by clicking on the link – ‘Jobs’. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to email@example.com. Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. Ibrahim, Joy: Fundraising Advisor, Lagos
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 13th September 2015. While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.