United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
VN No: VN-NGR-54-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 30 working days
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of the study is to assess the extent to which action plans developed by the five Colleges of Education in response to recommendations of the Female Teacher Trainee Scholarship Scheme (FUSS) Operational Research (OR) conducted in 2014 have been implemented and whether actions taken so far have had positive results, especially in terms of retention and performance of the trainees.
- The study will primarily focus on the tutorial/remedial courses and administrative actions intended to improve outcome of the FUSS including retention, performance of trainees and value for money of the FTTSS.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Desk review of relevant documents including FUSS Operational Research and Tracer Study Reports, project work plans, reports and tools.
- Develop detailed research methodology, protocols, fieldwork and analysis plan.
- Undertake field visit to Sokoto and Bauchi state to collect primary data.
- Process the primary data into a database, and ensure the data is clean and error free.
- Conduct analysis of the primary data and prepare draft report
- Present initial findings to UNICEF and partners for comments and inputs
- Finalize reports incorporating comments
- Advanced degree in education/social sciences, preferably with specialty in Social Research.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Operational Research.
- More than 8 years’ progressive professional experience in the field of education and familiarity with northern Nigerian context,
- High level of fluency in English language is mandatory and proficiency in Hausa an advantage.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and writing skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Application should be sent to: email@example.com Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale