Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
To learn more about Layer3 and our services, visit our website at www.layer3.ng
The Executive Assistant will be confident and comfortable owning two distinct but connected areas of responsibility: administrative and project management. In the administrative capacity, he/she will ensure that the CEO is engaged on the appropriate priorities on a day-to-day basis. The role includes extensive scheduling and key contact synchronization on both business and personal fronts and responsibility for inbound and outbound communications including email, phone, and hard copy mail. Serving as the central point of contact for the coordination of the CEO’s activities, including preparation of relevant meeting documents and briefing material, the individual in this position will take a thoughtful and strategic approach to the CEO’s meeting and travel coordination.
The Executive Assistant must be comfortable moving at a rapid pace alongside an entrepreneurial leader while maintaining a laser-focus on the best use of the CEO’s time. In this regard, is essential that he/she proactively ensures that the CEO is engaged in appropriate internal dialogues, and that the CEO is regularly briefed on Layer3 activities across the organization including product launch activities, internal meetings that may have particular relevance, and Layer3-sponsored events. Essential requirements for the role are emotional intelligence, the capacity to build trust with diverse individuals, strong business acumen and research skills, experience coordinating complex domestic and international travel, the ability to integrate seamlessly into communication flows, and a balanced blend of accountability, humility, and authority.
On a project management front, the Executive Assistant will operate as a thought-partner on a variety of strategic and operational initiatives, internal and external deliverables, and special projects, working with the CEO’s leadership team and key constituents across the organization. This role supports the CEO by ensuring the critical activities, initiatives, and day-to-day operations of the CEO are fully aligned and advancing as necessary. The Executive Assistant may represent in selected interactions with team members, executive leaders, the Board of Directors, government representatives and the community.
With an ability to transform general direction into action, the EA will effectively manage multiple deliverables in the face of some level of ambiguity from executive leaders and teammates. In this position, it will be necessary to support the compilation of documents and presentations in collaboration with other teams, to create complex travel itineraries, and to work cross-functionally to determine appropriate presentation content, messaging and delivery.
The individual serving in this capacity will possess excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills and must have the ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization, from executives to individual contributors. In addition to having sound judgment, the Executive Assistant will manage confidentially without exception, earn credibility by demonstrating the ability to achieve results, and exhibit strong operational skills. Being genuinely motivated to provide superb support to the CEO and to effectively work as a team in the Office of the CEO are two key goals in this assignment. By leveraging his/her own combination of entrepreneurialism, self-reliance and awareness, and commitment and respect towards others, the Executive Assistant can achieve both goals.
Summary of role:
• Functioning as the CEO’s “business partner”, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, confidentiality, trust and support with team members.
• Converting CEO vision and ideas into professional presentations.
• Working closely with CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments.
• Understanding and adapting to company’s culture and providing an environment which upholds the Mission, Values, and Expectations of the Company. Providing leadership and support to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization
• Managing a variety of special projects for the CEO.
• Prioritizing conflicting needs, handling matters expeditiously and proactively, following through on deadline sensitive projects to successful completion.
• Helping in the planning, prioritizing, and managing of the CEO’s active schedule, including: calendar; expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, scheduling and planning leadership meetings, communications, activities and special events.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Eagerness to support the CEO's demanding schedule and complete projects and/or meet deadlines outside of regular business hours.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS/BEng or BTech, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 5 years of experience supporting C-level executives, preferably in a fast-paced, environment.
MBA will be an added advantage.
• Strong writing experience including regular preparation of PowerPoint decks and presentations.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive data and information. Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced highly dynamic environment.
• Executive level skill in Microsoft Office suite and Apple Mac Keynote and Pages tools.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.