Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a:
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Human Resources & Administration Manager for the Nigeria Country Office. The position is based in Jos with occasional travel to Enugu. The Human Resources & Administration Manager will provide overall strategic management to Human Resources and Administration functions for the Nigeria country office. The HR & Administration Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to Talent management, Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits management, Training and Development; Employee Relations, Performance Management, as well as overseeing administrative functions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compliance and Record Keeping:
1. Responsible for development, periodic review, and dissemination of country specific HR policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for all labor engagement for the country office, including all employees, consultants and temporary staff, and ensure compliance with local labor regulations.
Compensation and Benefits:
1. Oversee benefits and compensation administration ensuring internal equity and compliance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
2. Lead compensation and benefits surveys for the country office working with the Associate Director, Regional Human Resources.
3. Responsible for developing and review of all salary decisions for both regular staff and contractors; and making recommendations to Management based on organizational, and country compensation guidelines.
Payroll and Budget:
1. Responsible for preparation of monthly Payroll, ensuring that all staff changes are correctly noted (new hires, terminations, promotions, salary changes, etc.) and compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
2. Advise Country Director in determining appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
3. Assist in the research, review and implementation of an automated Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
Training, Development and Performance Maintenance:
1. Responsible for the development of a staff development strategy and implementation working with SMT, CD, and Associate Director, Regional HR.
2. Establish networks and seek collaboration from HR colleagues to ensure an active internal staff capacity development program
3. Evaluate the need for employee training and development and recommend training programs to Senior Management.
1. Responsible for managing employee relation issues working with SMT and Associate Director, Regional HR to resolve the issues pragmatically.
2. Encourage, stimulate and put in place initiatives to create a learning and friendly work place environment
1. Ensure an accurate and up to date filing system for the country office.
2. Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
3. Manage the office general telephone line, mail and courier services.
4. Ensure that office supplies and materials are available and replenished as needed and in compliance with Field Operations Manual (FOM) guidelines.
5. Responsible for maintaining in an accurate, organized manner the core files of the country office, in both soft and hard copies. Archive files as/when necessary.
3. Create strategies to limit the spread of rumors and ensure the workplace environment is transparent, healthy, and positive at all times.
1. Performance manage direct reports in line with WfWI’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings regarding progress throughout the year.
2. Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinates.
Qualifications & Skills:
All interested candidates should submit the following application materials: updated CV with 3 references and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR&AM should be in the Subject line. Application deadline: August 26, 2015. Due to urgency of the recruitment, applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and we may offer the positions before the closing date.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Women for Women International provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.