Store keepers at Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)
Posted on: 11 August, 2015
Deadline: 9 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Caring Heart Initiative (CHI), is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Store keeper
- Arrange and fix the store in the most operational way for reception, storage, preparation and delivery of the goods; optimize permanently the space of the stock.
- Request purchase equipment, furniture, or goods needed.
- Ensure that the store is organized, clean and ready for logistic audits;
- Responsible of the storage of the goods in line with organization policies and procedure.
- Communicate with line manager on all issues concerning the storage of the goods (allocation, place, condition of the store etc);
- Examine maximum and minimum level for all the goods in stock.
- Inform the Procurement Manager about level of goods in the stocks according to the minimum and maximum.
- Ensure the security of the goods inside the store.
- Report any incident to the direct line manager using proper forms.
Reception of the goods:
- Responsible of the reception of the goods according to organization’s policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the program managers, log assistant and purchasers to plan the good reception of the goods and allocation in the stock.
- Reception, follow up, and quality control of the items delivered by supplier or other bases.
- Prepare all documentation regarding each reception of goods and ensure the archiving of the forms properly fill and sign and update stock cards and stock report accordingly.
- Inform the programs and the line manager of the goods reception.
Preparation of the delivery:
- Under supervision of Log assistant, work closely with the logistician base and the program managers on a weekly delivery planning.
- Prepare and pack all goods before the delivery.
- Prepare all documentation regarding each delivery and ensure the archiving of the forms properly fill and sign and update stock cards and report accordingly.
- Ensure the supervision of the loadings/unloading of the goods;
Administrative follow up of the goods:
- Proper registration and monitoring of all goods in the stocks
- Registration of all goods stocks on the stock cards
- Update stock records and inventories for all goods in the log department.
- Make a complete stock report at the end of each month (consumption, stock movements, and available stocks).
- Ensure all goods are monitored from the reception till delivery
- Ensure that theoretical stocks are matching physical inventories.
- The ability to integrate completely in the heart of a multi-disciplinary team.
- excellent and polite negotiator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package especially Excel required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- First Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- At least 2years work experience in related capacity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)Similar Jobs
- WASH Coordinator at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Consultant, Women's Economic Empowerment at UN Women
- Deputy Director Operations, Lake Chad Basin at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Finance Analyst at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Interpreter at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Job Openings at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Qualitative Research Specialist at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Project Manager - Disaster Risk Reduction and Management at Christian Aid (CA)