If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
About This Company
iROKOtv.com is the subsidiary company of IROKO Partners, the world's largest online distributor of African entertainment. Launched in 2010, the company has closed on four Series of VC funding totalling $21Mn.
Across all of our channels, we have reached over 6Mn unique viewers in 178 countries around the world.
- iROKO Partners operates www.irokotv.com (Nollywood movies) and www.iroking.com (Nigerian music)
- IROKO Partners is the largest licensee of Nollywood movies with over 5,000 movie titles in our library
- The company has been featured in international media outlets from FT, CNN, BBC, The Sunday Times, CNBC Africa, Reuters, Fast Company, New York Times, Techcrunch, Wall Street Journal, Le Monde, Pando Daily and many many more.
Our office based in Lagos, Nigeria.
iROKO is looking for an experienced digital content manager to oversee all technical aspects of digital content delivery for the distribution team. This means preparation of movie files and associated image and video files , and meta-data to the required standards.
The content life-cycle at iROKO involves multiple stages of workflows and multiple content transformations, and content transmissions. These transformations include formats, characteristics, meta-data, layout and more. At each transformation, content interacts with diverse systems and technologies. These iterations must be accurately recorded and continuously improved to serve the content production and distribution teams.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the flow of licensed movies from producers to irokotv.com to licensees of iroko distribution
- To quality check all movies received both manually and automatically to make sure that they meet the requisite standards
- Where possible, to correct all errors found during the QC process and flag files that cannot be corrected
- Ensure that all meta-data and associated materials are either submitted by producers or created by the graphics and video editing team.
- Manage the creation of short clips for the website and online distribution
- Manage overall workload of the team and communicate timelines to expectant parties
- Manage and ensure the proper storage of movie assets in their different iterations either locally or in the cloud or both
- Manage avails lists for the sales and acquisitions team
- Manage outsourced work to vendors
- Support and train team members to improve overall competence and effectiveness of the team
- Any other function as and when required
go to method of application »
IROKOtv.com is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to assist the General Counsel with all legal contracts, administrative support and any other related matter as assigned.
- Review and draft a wide range of agreements and documents
- Provide administrative and other support
- Organize files/contracts, monitor calendars, document actions and data entry
- Track all legal contracts and develop a contract calendar
- Perform legal research on broad range of matters and local laws
- Perform other responsibilities assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law
- At least 1+ years experience practising law with or clerking for a top law firm in the UK and Nigeria, or in-house with a leading Pay TV, VOD platform provider or Internet or Entertainment Company
- Comfortable with technology, mobile and commercial contracts
- Comfortable with film, television matters and production
- Experience with US law- desirable but not necessary
- Member of the Nigerian and United Kingdom bar
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside of area of expertise
- Able to work proactively, independently and under tight frames
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and be solution –oriented
Method of Application
use links below to apply