If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Operations and Maintenance Division (CGSP.1) of the General Services and Procurement Department (CGSP) is responsible for the procurement and management of the Bank's fixed assets, namely lands, buildings and technical facilities, furniture and office equipment. To this end, it is charged with: (i) investment planning and programming, (ii) real estate maintenance, (iii) technical equipment and facilities operation and maintenance, (v) fixed asset management, (iv) support to the Bank's decentralization policy through the opening of, and continued support for, field offices (identification, lease negotiation, planning and refitting of spaces to Bank standards).
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, CGSP.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will ensure the management and monitoring of maintenance works and services pertaining to real estate (lands, buildings, various civil engineering works and structures, etc.) and premises occupied by the Bank at its Headquarters and Field Offices. The incumbent will be tasked with the following:
- Identify and analyse the Bank's priorities defined in policy and strategy documents, and develop programmes and projects with a view to their application to develop clean infrastructure and the work environment.
- Oversee the development and planning of investments in the Bank's premises and real estate spaces in order to provide the institution with an adequate work space enabling it to fulfil its mandate in the service of Africa's development.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of projects pertaining to the construction of buildings and civil engineering structures, improvements and renovation of the Bank's real estate: buildings (structural works, waterproofing, carpentry/locksmithing, sanitary plumbing, cladding (floors, walls and ceilings, etc.), roads and networks, sanitation, land development, internal cleaning and maintenance, phytosanitary maintenance (green spaces, disinfection, disinsection, etc.)
- Initiate and coordinate the conduct of studies prior to the implementation of works and services necessary for improving the above-mentioned structures and facilities.
- Participate in preparing the Bank's real estate infrastructure investment programmes (buildings, premises and office spaces, residences, etc.), and management of related investment and operating budgets.
- Participate in establishing internal monitoring and control procedures for new works and maintenance services to meet the Bank's objectives.
- Lead the preparation and drafting of technical files for the recruitment of consultants (individual and consulting firms), work contractors and service providers in the area of buildings and civil engineering.
- Prepare and supervise the implementation of high environmental quality (HEQ) measures in the Bank's sites at Headquarters, TRA and in the field offices with a view to better compliance with the Bank's environmental safeguard directives.
- Prepare standard specifications and terms of reference for the procurement and maintenance of work spaces and residences in the Bank's field offices.
- In liaison with the field offices coordination unit, participate in setting up field offices (identification of spaces for rent and upgrading to Bank standards).
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams (CGSP, SECU, CIMM and SEGL) charged with fitting out meeting rooms and special premises.
- Manage the technical teams under his/her supervision.
- Keep abreast of developments in building and civil engineering techniques and standards, and formulate recommendations to be submitted to the Division Manager.
- Carry out administrative duties as required by the position and/or Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A Master's degree in building and construction engineering
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in managing renovation, new works and building maintenance projects within a multilateral development bank and/or financial or similar institution
- Knowledge in the management of goods, works and services procurement; budget management; management of works contracts and provision of various services
- Knowledge in architectural space sizing and planning
- Proven sense of analysis, research, initiatives, autonomy and good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an asset.
go to method of application »
The Procurement and Fiduciary Services Department reports to the Vice President, Country and Regional Programs & Policy (ORVP). The Department supports the Sector Departments in project cycle activities and in monitoring compliance in fiduciary safeguards related to the financial management of projects and programs on the one hand and procurement activities on the other. In addition, it is also responsible for engaging in framing financial management and procurement policies guidelines and rules. The Department is also mandated to provide training to Borrowers and to Bank staff relating to financial management and procurement. The Fiduciary Services Division (ORPF2) is responsible for all financial management issues. It has an increasing country presence through a growing network in 34 field offices.
To provide assistance for a wide range of administrative and operational tasks, he/she will oversee the smooth operation of the offices’ support work and related systems by assuming responsibility for the organizational and coordination of work flow as well as reviewing, processing and executing a variety of resource management transactions. He/She will liaise with the Bank Group offices across Africa as well as with various services within the Bank’s headquarters and assure efficient communication and coordination activities.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will provide administrative support and secretarial services, and carry out the following duties:
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems;
- Organize and attend to multiple meetings, appointments, luncheons and events to ensure that responsible management is well prepared;
- Organize meetings on the basis of the Division Manager’s schedule while preparing relevant documents and the necessary logistics and facilities;
- Track and follow up on documents, deal with general correspondence and briefs;
- Manage the flow of information by receiving, examining, sorting and monitoring the Division’s incoming and outgoing mail, taking into account the priority and urgency of the documents concerned; organize logical filing of this correspondence.;
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone-calls;
- Establish and update the agenda and electronic mail address book; Drafting of mail and documents, in conformity with administrative instructions;
- Draft memoranda and acknowledgement letters to be submitted, along with their background documents, for the Division Manager’s signature;
- Prepare minutes of meetings and briefs;
- Prepare and administratively follow-up on the missions of the Division Manager and staff of the Division (airline tickets, visas, hotel reservations, follow-up of per diem payments, transport reservation);
- Provide general administrative support for the Division by liaising with the General Services and Procurement Department (CGSP) in respect of office accommodation, allocation of office furniture, equipment and supplies as allocated in the Division;
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff lists, staff absences (annual leave, home, leave, excused absence and maternity leave) as well as statistical data on staff, as required;
- Create and process expense reports in SAP;
- Be conversant with DACON application and procurement rules in regards to the hiring of consultants;
- Monitor and review expenses and bring issues related to administrative budget to the attention of management;
- Assist where applicable with the programming of operational activities by using the appropriate software.
- All other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline.
- Preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management, e.g. Pitmans, ‘Brevet de Technicien Supérieur’ (BTS) in secretarial studies, Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie (DUT), etc.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an executive office (preferably gained with an international organization).
- Strong customer service skills, good organisational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Excellent use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP) or equivalent.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, team spirit.
go to method of application »
The primary role of the Financial Sector Development Department (OFSD) is to help the regional member countries (RMCs) increase reach (e.g. financial inclusion), depth (e.g. financial intermediation), and breadth of financial systems (e.g. capital market, cross-border development). The mission of the Department has four long-term objectives: (i) development of a vibrant private sector through an inclusive access by households and enterprises to financial services; (ii) strengthening markets participants; (iii) developing efficient capital markets, and (iv) deepening regional financial integration.
The Trade Finance Division (OSFD.4) oversees all the trade finance activities of the Bank. The Division seeks to address the trade finance gap in Africa by providing guarantees and liquidity support to commercial and development finance Banks involved in trade finance, Corporates, as well as various economic actors including parastatals engaged in this critical sector, with the objective of broadening access to affordable financing in RMCs. The division leads project teams that identify, appraise and process trade finance related projects until first disbursement, at which point primary responsibility, is passed to the portfolio management division depending on the specific product. The division also implements technical assistance and non-transactional programs in these areas.
The Operations assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Division Manager.
Her/His duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collects contributions from members of the Divisions and types the divisional annual budget;
- Discuss with the Division Manager and allocates offices and office equipment to staff in the Division;
- Provide support to the Trade Finance (TF) middle and back office functions including the following:
- Uploading monthly reports received from correspondent banks and RPA partners on the on the TF database;
- Generation of specific reports using statistical information available on the database e.g. measurement of development outcomes, intra-African trade and SME development etc;
- Monitoring transaction maturity and reconciliation of fee income earned under the Bank’s RPA arrangements;
- Monitor the implementation of various aspects of the Division’s administrative budget i.e. missions, representation, equipment, etc.;
- Deliver personally certain directives of the Division Manager and ensure that various administrative instructions are executed;
- Keeps a record of staff movements, such as official missions, excused absence, home leave, annual and sick leave;
- Coordinate the Division mission program;
- Draft replies to memorandum, faxes, letters, etc. of an administrative nature at the request of the Division Manager;
- Perform various other related duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in in economics, finance, business administration, regional planning or in related fields;
- Preferably a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience;
- Strong client orientation with commitment to results on the ground and operational experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good ability to communicate ideas effectively;
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. A good working knowledge of the other language would be an added advantage;
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.