ABT Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Officer will manage the implementation of the HMIS component of the PATHS2 Project in Lagos State to improve health care delivery and management at all health care facilities in the State receiving assistance from the project.
In addition, the HMIS Officer provides technical assistance training and technology transfer to the State Ministry of Health to enable them to work with, modify and maintain health information management applications created by the PATHS2 Project.
- Manage the efforts to develop, implement, install and operate the Health Management Information System in Lagos State.
- Manage the enhancement and continuation of the development of the current HMIS system and IT plan.
- Supervise the development and implementation of the sustainability plan to institutionalize the HMIS at the Lagos State Ministry of Health.
- Ensure data accuracy, security and legal and regulatory compliance with national and international regulations and laws.
- Evaluate the technical components of contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors of services and products related to HMIS.
- Bachelors Degree minimum, (Masters in Public Health or Management desirable)
- At least 3 plus years of relevant work experience in Public Health and management, and in the use of data for management preferred
- Experience with health data management preferred.
- Knowledge and past experience of working in an international development setting.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills.
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
go to method of application »
- The Administration Manager / Human Resources Manager will provide full Human Resources service and support to the PATHS2 project, including recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration, training/development, employee onboarding, and special projects.
- Capable of working in a professional and independent manner in close cooperation with Abt Associates Corporate International Human Resources personnel.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to questions and service requests from employees, providing excellent customer service and communication with context.
- Manage recruitment process and assist in identifying, selecting, and attracting candidates to fill job openings.
- Ensure operational compliance with Nigerian laws and Abt policies.
- Responsible for benefits administration.
- Process transactional data in an accurate and timely manner; preparing official documents for distribution inside and outside of the Company.
- Help develop and deliver training and professional development programs
- Assist the Deputy Director for Finance and Administration in planning and managing the work, and coordinates the communication and collaboration between staff members.
- Responsible for maintaining staff personnel data files and submitting to U.S. HR Corporate office.
- Coordinate Performance Management process as per Abt headquarters guidelines.
- Coordinate development of Safety and Security plans.
- Manage special projects, as assigned
Skills / Prerequisites
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage.
- Ability to relate to people of various ethnic, cultural and geographic persuasions.
- Strong business acumen and judgment.
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or other related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in human resource management.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.