Our client is a renowned NGO established to take orphans, abused and abandoned children off the streets through rehabilitation, reformation and reintegration. Due to restructuring, it requires the service of a qualified person to fill this position:
The overall purpose of this position is to provide supervision, leadership, maintenance, and evaluation of assigned orphanage program(s) or program components to ensure that all are conducted according to best practices.This position works collaboratively with the regional team to meet regional fundraising goals in sponsorship & special events.
- Supervise the care of orphans at the orphanage.
- Achieve the sponsorship and fundraising goals for the home by developing and implementing sponsorship fundraising plan
- Researches and develops new markets, communities and initiatives for program expansion.
- Maintains orphanage staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Transform children’s lives by recruiting, orienting, supporting, coaching, and sending them to school.
- Manages the acquisition of new sponsors through community development programs, networking within current sponsors, special events, speaking engagements, schools and churches
- Manage the orphanage’s finances: Oversee all expenditures and receipts of money.
- Counsel guardians / relatives of orphans and inform them of expectations.
- Write reports and take photos that will be sent to our U.S team for dissemination to partners.
- Ensure that only qualified orphans are selected for sponsorship.
- Assist in organizing biannual Relatives Conference.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent administrative, planning and organizational skills
- Above average communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A University degree preferably in international development, public health, social work or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 - 15 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or related field such as marketing and sales
- Experience working with nonprofit board and volunteer committees.
- Advanced user of software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have passion for charity work/Children mostly
- Must have worked with children of different kind of challenges
- Must be very patient, tolerant to be able to handle both the children and the workers
- Knowledge of different kind of challenges that could be found among the children
- Good heart and likable spirit because the children are very special.
go to method of application »
The overall purpose of this position is to coordinate activities in the orphanage home and also supervise the running of the Orphanage Home.
- To supervise all assigned personnel.
- To draw up a work chart of how the orphanage Home
- Make sure all personnel carry out their duties based on the needs of the children and KPIs.
- Make sure needs of all children are met by keeping files of each child, scrutinize workers to perform their duties etc
- Identify and organize training for personnel and caregivers
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on every child and activities in the home
- Identify needs of the Orphanage Home and proffer solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate (Background in Sociology or Psychology), Preferably social worker.
- Must be matured to supervise older caregivers/Nurses.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in similar role
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified should click on link corresponding to preferred job titles.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale